SOLD: Twin Spark motor

Started by GTVeloce, March 21, 2017, 05:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

As I have alluded to elsewhere, I am selling the TS engine that was in my GTV project as I no longer need it and I don't have room to store it.
The engine is out of a 75 and has been partially rebuilt back in 2009. It was in great condition until I made a silly mistake doing valve timing and bent all four inlet valves... The good news is if you ever want to get the head off I have done all the hard work! And it has only had distilled water and coolant since so shouldn't be a problem. That said, there shouldn't be any reason to pull the head off any time soon.

The car it was in was involved in an accident that wrote off the car however, the engine survived very well. There was no real damage to the sump and no oil was lost. The only places that have been damaged were on the inlet side, namely: both coils and corresponding wiring loom plugs damaged; air box destroyed; throttle position switch (underneath) is damaged and a little damage to the throttle wire pull section. Finally the exhaust manifold was cracked. The motor internals should be in fine condition and the car was running beautifully leading up to the accident.

The engine was in an Alfetta GTV and could be easily installed in another or re-installed into a 75 if needed. I am unsure about the pilot bushing thingy for 105 installations but happy to look if someone can tell what to look for!

It comes with pretty much everything else it will need to run i.e. wiring loom, AFM and ECU.

Before the accident I would have wanted over $1000 but given a few bits are damaged/missing I am asking $900.

Engine located in Melbourne. Happy to consider shipping at buyers expense.

GTVeloce

More pics including during install in 2012.