Sun - May 7 - 2017 Toowoomba AerodromeDavid Hack Classic Car and Plane Display

Started by Brera07, March 14, 2017, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brera07

I see this on the calendar so are we attending this event as a club display group? If so who do I need to contact please?

http://therotaryclub.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/INFORMATION-SHEET-Exhibitors-2017-v18-2.pdf

Dan

Brera07

If we are not attending as a club, I would be prepared to investigate and organise attendance as a club.

Is this something worth pursuing?

Dan.

Darryl

As you noticed it is on the "other events" club calendar.

So it was kinda there if anyone wanted to just rock up.

A number of members from time to time have gone - it's a good event if you like planes (who doesn't). As an event that is actually organised / run by someone else turning up "as a club" just needs someone from the club to coordinate numbers, turning up as a group etc - you sound like you might have volunteered...

Email a random committee member if you want to pursue it. It looks like not many read this forum. Or, try to rustle up numbers on club facebook or...

Brera07

Thanks Darryl

yes I thought it might be a matter of co-ordinating numbers more than anything else which is why I thought I might be able to do the job ;-). I would be happy to do that and to liaise with the organisers so that we get ourselves placed in a display type setting.

I will put something on FB and see what happens. You might be right about members not reading this too often, or if they do they are very quiet in their responses.

Thanks again
Dan

Brera07

Just to allay any fears club members might have...I am not looking at this as a club sanctioned event. I am fully aware that it is being organised by a third party, I was merely trying to drum up some numbers for an appearance as a "group of Alfa Romeo's".
I am also cognisant of the "chain of command" so I discussed this with the club President and received very helpful feed back from him and Darryl Green.
An aviation enthusiast every bit as much an Alfisti I will  attend, much as I intended, as an individual who happens to own an Alfa.
Regards
Dan