2 cyl Giulietta?

Started by cc, March 14, 2017, 07:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Hi
A friend is buying 2013 Giulietta & its a 2 cylinder not a 4 detailed in the advert..  and expected.
Are there many 2 Cylinder Giuliettas out there & what would be a reasonable price range for a 40'000km car in excellent condition... cheers

bazzbazz

Ahhhh, unless I've been asleep for a very long period of time, I don't think you will find there is such a thing.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

cc

poohbah

Alfa did fit a 2 cylinder Multi-air motor (from the Fiat 500C) to an entry level version of the MiTo however, so maybe that's what he/she is buying instead of a Giulietta?

(Though I have no idea who would want a 2 cylinder Alfa ...)
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

poohbah

Or maybe its a Giulietta that's missing a couple of spark plugs....
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

cc

the curious thing is the my friends alfa mechanic who later checked under the bonnet promulgated the idea that its a 2 cyl... when i looked under the bonnet with all the plastic in vogue now for hiding engines,, i didnt see any spark plugs and it looked big enough to be a 4... Anyway, it is being purchased happily and once my 156 is back on the road im hoping to work on my friends 156 V6 as it has started depositing emulsified oil in the header tank.. What has been great is listening to another 156 V6 with a perfect engine note and relating it to the sound of mine. Interesting how much noise a air con compressor makes. Mine has a dry bearing.