Rear Springs

Started by RLeT, March 12, 2017, 11:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLeT

I have 2 sets of GTV6 rear springs.  Both are King Springs, and both look virtually identical.  One set is "Karl 05", and the other set is "Karl 05 X" (painted on the springs themselves).  When I look at the King Springs website, one is described as Karl 05 (Progressive), and the other as "KARS 05".  The "Karl 05" is described as a progressive rate spring.  The progressive spring is what I'm after.  Does anyone know which is which?
Many Thanks in anticipation.
Richard.
Richard.

V AR 164

Not familiar with the springs you have mentioned, but should be pretty obvious to visually see the differences.

Progressive springs at one end have the coils 'bunched up' together.
Linear springs do not have this.

Check out the picture I attached for guidance.

Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

RLeT

Thanks Andrew.  I've attached the springs in question.  The two on the left are the "Karl 05 X".  The one on the right is the "Karl 05".  They look virtually identical, and both look progressive.  Does anyone else know what the difference between these springs is?  My searches haven't come up with much!

Thanks in Advance to anyone who may know.

Regards,
Richard.
Richard.

BBRT

G'day,

From memory Kings made a progressive spring for the GTV that lowered it 25-30mm and a non-progressive one that was standard height.

Does this look as though it might be the case with yours?

I have had both on my 2l GTV at various times. kept ripping the engine pipes off with the low ones. Now have the standard height ones fitted.