Alfa Romeo 147 GTA Driver Electric Window wont go down/up

Started by Mrmilanista13, March 11, 2017, 01:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrmilanista13

Hi all,

Just wanting to see if anyone has experienced their driver side window no longer operating up/down. The situation is that on the console the buttons for electric mirrors and the left hand window are working and doing its little beep noise when buttons pressed however when pressing the right hand window button it makes the little beep but window does not move.

Any thoughts or feedback will be great :)

V AR 164

Hey mate,

If the window suddenly stopped one day, I would think it could be a wiring issue. Check the connectors for the buttons are all secure and the contacts are clean.

If it has slowly stopped working over time, most likely it would be a faulty motor or the window guides could be clogged with dirt and grime. In this case, take apart the door card and inspect the motor and window guides. Window regulators should be pretty cheap from a second hand wrecker so I would swap it out. Pretty easy process and can be done with simple tools on a Saturday morning.

But first I would definitely check over all the wiring and buttons as they are prone to go bad on Alfas.

Cheers, Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Mrmilanista13

Hey Andrew,
Thanks heaps for your feedback.

Ill definitely check it out and see if its something i can do.