Suppliers of OEM Replacement seat covers for Alfetta GTV

Started by bonno, March 09, 2017, 07:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroƫnbender

Tidy work, glad to see determination for the right results has paid off.

bonno

Slight setback with the installation of leather recaro seats. On close inspection of the DS outer bracket assembly, it was discovered that pivot point was missing grub screw and stripped thread. I have decided to utilize the one fitted to the existing seat currently fitted to car and plan to either source a replacement or repair the damaged one. If anyone has a spare or one that is no longer required, send me a PM so we can organise purchase arrangements.

bonno

After a hectic few weeks over the Christmas and New Year break and scorching hot weather, I finally got around installing the seats. Find attached photo of the rear seats and door cards installed, with completion expected over the next week.
Cheers
bonno 

poohbah

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

ACE

Quote from: poohbah on January 15, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
Wow Bonno, they look fantastic. And Expensive!
+1

But Bonno, is the interior really electric blue, or is that just my interweb device distorting reality?

bonno

Thanks guys. I think the electric blue effect is the garage lighting, combined with the contrast of the black leather. The tan leather really has a different appearance when viewed under natural light. All up the cost was within my budget of $5K including the donor interior.   

bonno

Well finally got the seats and door cards installed and very pleased with the result. Find attached photos of the finished  product and it has been quite a transformation from the previous seats as seen in photos from an earlier thread.

poohbah

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Fickled

Looks great! Very jealous!

Tony.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

bonno

Update on availability of velour seat material for the 116 series Alfetta GTV.
It has come to my attention that there is now an O/S supplier of velour material in either beige or black. I have attached link to a post on details at the following link
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=20404.msg115319#msg115319 

bonno

Further to my previous post, to match OEM configuration the seat material available is to be used for the inserts and door cards, whilst matching velour for sides and vinyl backing (refer to photos attached). However no material for the earlier model GTV’s and GT’s as shown in my original post.

gtvsix86

matching velour for sides is crucial because getting in and out of the car this gets worn out first. I don't know if any one has a supplier for the beige velour sides?

bonno

Find attached link to supplier of automotive velour trim fabric (black). Additionally, your local automotive upholsterer should be able to assist here with a wider range of products available. The difficulty when I was making enquiries was matching the patterned inserts, not the sides or backing.
https://www.nolans.com.au/products/automotive-upholstery-velour-insert-cloth/