The Barn and Scotty's Garage

Started by Brera07, March 05, 2017, 07:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brera07

Evening everyone

I have just been watching the Great Day Out on seven. They had an item on The Barn and Scotty's garage in Flagstone out near Gatton.

Looks like a fantastic place to have a day run out there and a stop for lunch. Has the club done this yet? If not I would be a starter for this trip.

https://www.thebarnandscottysgarage.com.au/#new-page

Brera07

If the club has not been there I would be happy to scope a run out that way and check the venue itself. I realise we are going out that way on the next club run but there might be another route worth looking at.

Let me know what you think.

Dan

Darryl

Interesting venue. Nobody is likely to object to any offer to organise a run so if you do scope it out and come up with a route etc just let El Presidente/Social convenor John know so it can be slotted into the calendar (I'd guess for next year given we are just about to do a run in that general direction).

And on the subject of 12 March run route - if anyone is interested a few of us are thinking of taking the fun (unless stuck behind a horse float, which I always seem to be) route back from Nobby via Gatton Clifton Road which I can recommend if you like a few twisty bits. Subject to horse floats, similar traveling time to get back to Brisvegas vs taking the less interesting route.

Darryl.

Cupcake

I have considered a run to Scotty's, and have been there. Food is ok, but it would be best in winter, because the barn is open and the flies annoyed me.

The biggest turn off for me was the 'garage' part. You have to pay extra to get in to that bit. From memory it was something like $25 a head, and given that it's not a huge place, it didn't seem like good value - especially with a family in tow. The car park was full of interesting visitor's cars for free, so I preferred to simply look at those. But that's just my opinion.

Just a note - any route from Rudd's back to Brisbane is not part of the 'official' run, and is up to you. I intend to take the same route that Darryl suggests, and it's up to individuals to decide whether or not they take the same route. But that's not anything to do with the club.

Cupcake

Oh, and for anyone planning on coming on the run, please RSVP to social@arocaqld.com ASAP, because we need to let the venues know numbers.

Only members can come on AROCA runs. But membership is cheap, especially at this time of year, so if you are not a member, please go to the website and sign up.

Brera07

OK

Thought I'd put it out there. The website states entry to the garage is $10 and whilst it looked interesting on the TV, it did look a little small. plenty of motoring memorabilia seemed evident, one a Red Flying Pegasus Mobil kids ride on horse apparently one of only five worldwide and in superb nick.

I might still take a run out there and have a look, but I won't make it a priority.

Thanks

Dan

Cupcake

Maybe it's changed since I was there. $10 sounds reasonable.

As Dazza said, we're really pleased when members offer to organise runs. The club is for the members by the members, after all. And the more members involved in club activities, the more likely it is that the club resembles the sort of club that the members want.

There are some legal/risk/logistic things to consider, though. So figure out what you want to do, and then let's talk. social@arocaqld.com

Brera07