Anyone in SYD willing to take a look at a 159 for me?

Started by nicb205, February 06, 2017, 09:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicb205

Mods: sorry, hope this post is allowed

Hi Alfisti,
I don't suppose there would be anyone willing to take a look at a 159 in Lilyfield SYD for me.
I'd be happy to compensate. Say $50.

Here's the one:
Alfa Romeo 159.
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Alfa-Romeo-159-2010/SSE-AD-4302167

Some of the photos are a bit blurry. It looks like there's a bit of kerb rash on the back left. The description says it has been serviced every 5000ks but it would be nice to see evidence.

The price seems pretty reasonable for a non Ti.

If all is good I would need to look at getting it transported. I'm guessing up to a grand.

If you're interested, PM me.
Cheers
Nic

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

nicb205

I do have a friend in Sydney who has offered to go take a look for me. Having said that, he's no Alfa expert. At least I could provide him with a list of questions/ things to look for.
Thx,
Nic

Italian Supermodel

Hi Nic,
good luck with the possible purchase .
What I did when I bought a Sydney car some time back was go onto the U-Ship website and type in the job required. Within 10 minutes a major transporting company bid for the job.
I think it was something like $575, Sydney depot to their Melbourne depot. An hour later another company came in at $450, then another at $395.
The seller in Sydney gave me time to organise transport which meant two days later a smaller company bid $275 ! All it required from me was getting over to Williams Landing to collect it.

nicb205

Quote from: Italian Supermodel on February 07, 2017, 05:48:15 PM
Hi Nic,
good luck with the possible purchase .
What I did when I bought a Sydney car some time back was go onto the U-Ship website and type in the job required. Within 10 minutes a major transporting company bid for the job.
I think it was something like $575, Sydney depot to their Melbourne depot. An hour later another company came in at $450, then another at $395.
The seller in Sydney gave me time to organise transport which meant two days later a smaller company bid $275 ! All it required from me was getting over to Williams Landing to collect it.
Wow. Okay. Thanks for the tip

nicb205

I contacted the seller yesterday. It looks like it has been serviced every 5k at autostrada. It's the lowest K wagon on carsales at the moment however the timing chain needs to be done. I rang an Alfa service place here. That's about a $1500 job apparently. Also he had to replace a seized CV joint last year. Is that a common problem?
Advertised at 16.5k.
Thoughts about the price?
All help appreciated.

kaleuclint

This is the black one, Nic?  Automoda (expensive) servicing every 5000km is a very good sign, so ask to sight the invoices as a first step.

I'm onto my second 159 and I had no idea there was a climate control / power outlet option for the rear passengers.  Would have fitted this had I known!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

nicb205

Quote from: kaleuclint on February 11, 2017, 08:21:06 PM
This is the black one, Nic?  Automoda (expensive) servicing every 5000km is a very good sign...

Yeah. The Black one with the teledial alloys. The seller said I could contact Automoda directly too.
Still pretty keen on this one. The seller is on holidays at the moment.

kaleuclint

Quote from: nicb205 on February 13, 2017, 09:56:21 PM
The seller said I could contact Automoda directly too.
That would have been my next suggestion.  This looks good!  You could still get Automoda to do a pre-purchase inspection too; probably more useful than having an 'amateur' look at the car.  A fourth party inspection by Max Oddi would be better though.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

nicb205

Rigi

May I suggest you get a copy of the service invoices and have a look at what has been done -  don't be scared off the car by what the costs are .... not everyone charges like automoda -  then if all looks good suggest an inspection by franks Pitstop motors at summer hill - they support the Club whereas Oddi does not
If the owner has had the oil changed every 5000 that's fantastic ... check if the egr valve has been serviced ... definitely a must if it's had city driving - u can do that service yourself ... good luck
Current
2010 GT 3.2 100 year Anniversary
1977 Alfetta GTV - Grp s
1974 GTV105 Resto (wip)
1977 Alfetta GTV Normal Roadie on Historics

Past
1980 Alfetta sedan('prettyboy')
1986 Alfetta GTV6GP
1985 Alfetta GTV6
1984 Alfetta GTV
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1978 Alfetta Sed