multiair actuator unit.

Started by jasonsco, February 01, 2017, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Quote from: Colin Edwards on June 21, 2018, 06:46:06 PM
As a car manufacturers range of vehicles need to provide certain emission performance, I wonder where an Abarth sits.  Is it a Fiat or an Abarth?  Is an Alfa an Alfa or a Fiat?  Maybe because "Fiats" (including Abarth) have small engines / low emissions, Abarth is "allowed" to specify a less efficient / higher fuel consumption oil spec.  All very mysterious!

Well they ARE all the same bloody engine, so they should all use the same oil! 
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

bazzbazz

The oil you are looking for is ENVIRO+ 5W-40 (FULL SYN) and is available at Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco ect.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

bonno

Hi Haakon
Further to bazzbazz post, when I go looking for the correct grade of oil thru on line Supercheap store, enter via Servicing / Maintenance tab on website, press the oil tab and enter details of car and it spits out the various brands suitable. Refer to the following link for the example chosen “Giulietta 2018 1.4 turbo MPFI 125kW engine”. The green tick identifies product is suitable for car selected.
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/shop-by-category/servicing-and-maintenance/engine-oil?segment=1&page=1&vid=L5D1VJA8tM8uN06LiRru5g%3D%3D

Craig_m67

Quote from: bonno on August 18, 2018, 10:15:52 AM
Hi Haakon
Further to bazzbazz post, when I go looking for the correct grade of oil thru on line Supercheap store, enter via Servicing / Maintenance tab on website, press the oil tab and enter details of car and it spits out the various brands suitable. Refer to the following link for the example chosen "Giulietta 2018 1.4 turbo MPFI 125kW engine". The green tick identifies product is suitable for car selected.
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/shop-by-category/servicing-and-maintenance/engine-oil?segment=1&page=1&vid=L5D1VJA8tM8uN06LiRru5g%3D%3D

I wouldn't pay any attention to that SuperCheap system personally.

Yesterday I went to get some oil for my 1750tbi. 
Needs 5-40w ACEA C3 (I'm told)

That system recommends a Penrite oil in the right weight and spec, but then a completely different oil alternative 0-30w ACEA A3... which I'm told will fubar my turbo.

I bought the penrite, but I'm pissed off about all the confusion.

The fella at SuperCheap told me that if the turbo grenades, just tell my insurer (Shannon's) that it was the specified oil by them and all is good.. I'm not sure I like that approach, would prefer the engine not to grenade in the first place
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bazzbazz

Quote from: Haakon on August 18, 2018, 09:19:10 AM

The one I used for the 7500 kms change was Enviro + 5w40 C3 I believe (container thrown out...) - this is only available now in the 0w30.

No, that is the oil I just told you to use, and is still available from all the places I just listed

Enviro + 5w40 ACEA C3

What makes you think it's discontinued??
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

bazzbazz

Quote from: Craig_m67 on August 18, 2018, 11:10:51 AM

I bought the penrite, but I'm pissed off about all the confusion.

What confusion? I've been telling you for ages what oil to use . . . . . Not my fault you hate John Laws and can't tell the difference
between Valvoline and Penrite.  ;)

(Private joke, don't ask, long story)  ::)

;D ;D ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast