Getting my 2003 2.0 JTS back up and running

Started by Benjamin, January 03, 2017, 08:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjamin

Hi Everyone,

I own a 2003 2.0 JTS Spider and to say the least I'm a little perplexed with a situation and need some URGENT HELP!
My now ex partner decided it would be a good idea to break open my fuel cover and pour in some oil after we broke up and I have since collected the car by tow truck... However due to an insane amount of legal fees to ensure my daughter is safe and sound in my care I am unable to pay a mechanic to remove the fuel tank and filter and flush it out (the tank), I am struggling to locate the fuel filter and cannot see a way to remove the tank without dismantling half the car.
I am fairly mechanically minded and this shouldn't be an issue for me however I can't seem to wrap my head around it!
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I currently have no car to get around in and am looking to fix the car for resale so I can get something more "family friendly" to drive around my 3 year old.

Benjamin

Thijsvr

You got quite the situation there. Almost curious what you did to get yourself in this mess.
Anyways, I'm not familiar with the exact model, but I believe your car only has the fuel filter inside the tank and I'm pretty sure you can get it out without having to drop the tank.

Road side assistance guys usually drain tanks through the filler hose I believe if you put in the wrong fuel. If you have road side assistance you could ask them to do it maybe.

bazzbazz

Go to your local Supercheap/Autobarn and purchase one of their small pumps for doing just what your describing and empty the fuel from the filler pipe as suggested above.

once you have the tank emptied use a jerry can to put some more fuel back in the tank as a final rinse and then siphon out again. Put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank, fill the tank and you should be good.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au