JTS running very rich

Started by josh18, December 26, 2016, 01:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josh18

Thanks Baz I'll give em a call

Citroƫnbender

I've had generally very happy dealing with A-Twins, albeit in person, would recommend them to walk-in customers who know what they want and are past tyre kicking.  That said, Dean has the patience of a saint!

josh18

Well I got my bearings from Precision from Melbourne to Darwin in less than a week which is great. I finished putting it all back together last night and took it for a tentative spin around the block. From first start the engine is much quieter, not just than before the knock but since we've had it! So i guess those big ends were all on their way out. Actually I found upon disassembly that big end three was almost as bad as four, but again no marks on the crank. Today I dropped the oil and put a new filter on and took it for a 60km drive. It goes really well and doesn't seem to knock at all. I've been quite gentle with it so far but it's definitely fixed it.

As far as the job, the only tricky bit was getting the sump back on- I had to do a dry run without sealant to work out how to hold the sump up enough to bolt the oil pick up to the block but still allow me to get my arms in there! Once i worked it out it wasn't too bad.

So fingers crossed, it looks like I saved myself from an almost blown up engine for less than $200 in the end.
Thanks to you Baz and others who have helped me out along the way.

Cheers
Josh

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au