Bathurst 6 Hour , Alfa Giulietta

Started by Davidradd01, December 24, 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

Great to hear you are going to Bathurst David. Is that the only event you are going taking the Giulietta to?

Keep everyone posted on progress as you prep your car, and of any other events you enter - a lot of us will keen to see how you go.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Davidradd01

Here is a few more pictures of the roll cage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil Choi

Cool cage, David.  Inspiring.  So now they have a set up for Giulietta's, excellent.
We are looking at the AGI bolt in for the 156's.

Davidradd01

The Giulietta is almost back together, It now has a custom 5 puck button clutch and a Quaife differential

Davidradd01

The Bathurst 6hr starts tomorrow with a full day of car inspections and media events. practice Friday.

poohbah

Looks great David.

Best of luck - great to see a modern Alfa on the grid. Apparently the race will be streamed live at the website below - so I'll be checking in as the day progresses.

http://bathurst6hour.com.au/
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

bonno

Nice work David
All the best for the Bathurst 6 hours this weekend and it is good to see a modern Alfa Romeo competing on the race track.
bonno

bonno

For those wishing to watch the  Bathurst 6 hour you can Live stream Sunday's action including the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour race live and free via www.bathurst6hour.com.au/live from 9:45am. Additionally, there is also in a supporting race  an Alfa Romeo Giulia TS Group N historic at 10:30. Good Luck to both drivers David and James.
Cheers
bonno

Neil Choi

Jim and Marcus Gordon in Giulia Super in Group N
Hugh Harrison in Ignis GTV6 in Group C&A
And of course Dave in the Giulietta QV in the 6 hr.
Go Alfa's. 3 of them in 3 categories.

Davidradd01

Quote from: Neil Choi on April 13, 2017, 07:20:07 PM
Jim and Marcus Gordon in Giulia Super in Group N
Hugh Harrison in Ignis GTV6 in Group C&A

Go Alfa's. 3 of them in 3 categories.

bonno

Sorry guys  for omitting Hugh in my earlier post racing his Alfetta GTV6, his race can  be seen from 9:50 to 10:15 Heritage Touring cars, Group N 10:30 -10:55 and Bathurst 6 hour from 11:30 - 17:30. 
Cheers
bonno

Davidradd01

alfamisa

I thought I'd add to this post from my previous post in David's other "Coilovers for the Bathurst 6 Hr", if anyone has been following the practice and qual times I thought I'd list the final qual for three very different Alfa Romeos. 

James Alfa Giula Ti Super. Qual 3.02.759

Hugh Alfa Alfetta GTV 6 (originally 2.5Lt last I spoke with him at Aust GP last year 3.2Lt don't know now) ex Jones/Bond full race car Qual best 2.43.22

David  Alfa Giulietta QV 1742cc, basically a road car, with coilovers with a cage. Qual 2.43.566

I wish all Alfas and their drivers the best for their own races. Especially David who is breaking new ground for a Giulietta in a professional race event.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

bonno

For those interested the first supporting race to the Bathurst 6 hour is about to start 9:50 EST. It can be seen on Live stream refer to earlier post for this link.
cheers
bonno

Davidradd01

Here's some pictures from the weekend