Bathurst 6 Hour , Alfa Giulietta

Started by Davidradd01, December 24, 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidradd01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidradd01

The Giulietta ran faultless all weekend, We clocked up 9.5 hrs of track time.

The top speed we achieved down Conrod Straight was 225kmh.

We finished 31st outright and 4th in class

Not bad for it's first ever race meeting and first ever test laps on Friday at Bathurst.

I think with a little bit more development our lap times will drop quite a bit.

Question# Can you turn the traction control off and stability control?

poohbah

Well done David, I watched the start and first few laps. The giulietta looked right at home. Did you get to keep the grid girls?
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

bonno

Coming fourth in class for first attempt is an excellent result. Watched the race at the start for several laps and the last 1/2 hour, together with the other 2 supporting races in which the other 2 x Alfas competed. In regards to your query on traction control being turned off, I located a thread from another Alfa owners forum who have covered this and it appears you can. Have included the link to this thread which contains 8 responses.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/338056-traction-control.html#post4807573
cheers
bonno

Davidradd01

Quote from: bonno on April 17, 2017, 07:52:31 PM
Coming fourth in class for first attempt is an excellent result. Watched the race at the start for several laps and the last 1/2 hour, together with the other 2 supporting races in which the other 2 x Alfas competed. In regards to your query on traction control being turned off, I located a thread from another Alfa owners forum who have covered this and it appears you can. Have included the link to this thread which contains 8 responses.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/338056-traction-control.html#post4807573
cheers
bonno
Hi

I can't seem to get your link working.

The car ran really well hey the traction and stability control hampers our pace.

The car will be a lot quicker if the driving aids are turned off.

But in saying that the stability control saved my butt. After hitting oil at Mcfillamy park , At about 160kms an hour all the safety devices cut in and straightened the car up and saved a very quick trip into the gravel trap

Davidradd01

Quote from: bonno on April 17, 2017, 07:52:31 PM
cheers
bonno
Hi Bonno
I got the link working, We did find the link in the weekend and I tried the 10 sec holding the button, it didn't seem to work. We couldn't work out what fuse was for the traction control as we don't have a owners book and the fuse box only has number in it

Regards

David

bonno

Hi David
Checked the link I provided and found it to work on my computer. It does come up with a pop up screen to register but you can still read the information on the thread.
bonno

bonno

Hi David
Have located information on fuses for your vehicle at the following link. Looking at the diagram F31, +30 (F36), F49, F51 & +30 (F53)  indicate various devices (What these devices are is unclear??). Maybe some fellow Alfisti with a user manual for the subject model and year can clear this up.
http://www.autogenius.info/alfa-romeo-giulietta-2010-2013-fuse-box-diagram/

poohbah

Just watched edited race coverage on foxtel speedweek program. Pretty spectacular fireball near the end when an AMG Mercedes burst into flame. Very gratifying to be able to tell my son "see, it's not just Alfas like mine that catch fire..."  :)
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)