New 156 gta

Started by 105greg, December 15, 2016, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

105greg

Thanks 17 fitty.    So happy with it.   It's been neglected but under a week I have it sparkling.   Radio intermittent.  Forum advice fixed that.     More to do but what a car.    Coming back from pick up. Gave it to it on the ramp to highway and oh my god.   What an effortless beast.   Best thing will plod along in sixth gear At 60 k. And doesn't mind.     Beautiful what a long term keeper and such an awesome car for the $.  Look up Datsun 120 y and see how much they are going for.  Seriously don't get it.   Thanks to all and Alfa Xmas.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobulon

Nice looking 156 Greg, do you ever get down to Brisbane much? I have a small posse of young and old GTA owners in the area who are usually on for a meet up

105greg

Would certainly be interested in that bobulon let me know when the gta freek show gets together

josh18

My understanding of the 10w60 oil is it was a bandaid fix to stop them using oil past the rings. I also read that it must be checked weekly on these cars as they tend to use it. Last oil change I shelled out for the 10w60 but it still uses a lot of oil, needs to be topped up weekly. I'm ok with this but next change I will be looking at going back to a more regular 40 weight and keep regularly checking it. If the 60 weight doesn't achieve purpose I don't really see the point of running the overly thick stuff. Realistically I think Alfa switched to 60 weight to try and get the cars to the prescribed (15000km?) service intervals and stop having to warranty blown up engines. Mine would be bone dry by that stage, even with the thick stuff!
Cheers

105greg

Funnily enough I have now done about 1000 km and the engine has done 165000km. And it hasn't used a drop.   

bazzbazz

Shhhhhhhh, it will hear you!   ;)

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au