Spettacolo 2016 Thank you

Started by John Hanslow, November 28, 2016, 07:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

What a great day !

Just a quick but important note to thank all volunteers, supporters, attendees and alfisti who made the Sunday Spettacolo 2016 a great event.

The key organisers arrived early to set up with the volunteer helpers and we got off to a great start and all was done well on time.

Special thanks to Mal Muir and David Wright for our Historic Spider Feature and thanks to Gary Pearce and volunteers who ran the Spider showcase - we had some great new old and modern cars that are rarely seen at club events.

The Register captains did well to organise parking as per plan and members helped out as well.

Phil Nash - thank you for managing the Italian Exotic Marques - with Gibli display.

Event Admin - Thanks Mandy and Laura for managing this with minimal delays as it can get really hectic there.

Membership - new system with clubs online and from what I heard, we had plenty of new member sign ups on the day.

Club Shop - under direction the "clearance Sale" was done with only minimal stock left so the Forza Italia Shop in Lygon Street and Online sales is now well embedded.

Finally thanks to lots of extra volunteers, Brett and Colin for flags & banners, Amanda & Rita with Club Shop, Bruno and Colin with vehicle management, Sebastian, Sammy and Mal P on front gate, Loren, John & Danny and others for your efforts on the day.  I do appreciate your efforts.

Look for ward to next years event !

We have been planning our display Calender with a "Giulia Feature" to run at key events during the year culminating with Spettacolo in November 2017.  We hope to have many Giulia models represented and when you think about it, not all of them are sedans ...

David Wright, myself, the Register Captains and Mal Muir (Display Organiser) will put our heads together to get the next years plan together.

If you want to be part of this great event let me know.

Cheers.

John Hanslow
Register Coordinator
AROCA Vic.
0409 961 719

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

SPDR76

John a magnificent event indeed. Brilliantly run with no fuss just a lot of fun to be a part of. Thank you and all the team for making it so - a huge effort. Looking forward to next year already!
1976 Spider; 2015 Giulietta qv line; 2018 Stelvio D First Edition

Previously:
1983 Alfasud ti 1.5
1988 Alfa 33 Boxer
1994 Audi 90 Quattro
2002 Subaru WRX
2006 Subaru WRX Sti Pignose

Garibaldi

John, congratulations to you and all of the team. What a great day!  A fantastic display of cars, plenty of food and good weather. This would have to be one of the best Spettacolos ever.  :)

As the day goes

Food choices were really good this year.

SusSelesp

A great day - being new to Alfa lots of friendly club members and amazing cars - well organised and supported.

Signing up for membership was a breeze and it's clear to see some great people involved ....

Look forward to other events and helping out in future!

Many thanks to all...

kaleuclint

Wonderful job as always!  And my pet gripe about the catering -- well, the Lions club sausages fixed everything!  And this year I got to watch the trophy presentations.

Even parked on the lawn (mainly because I couldn't park outside and I was welcomingly waved in).  A seriously strange experience to have people taking pictures of your car...

Thanks again!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

As the day goes

Lions? 

Ah I thought I noticed your car.

I left before the trophies.  Who won?

kaleuclint

The Montreal won.  I was hoping the 101 would take the prize! 
2011 159ti 1750TBi

massiveluvbuddy67

Well done to John who is the conductor and then to the many volunteers to ensure the day runs smoothly!
Great to meet the ladies in the admin tent!
We are lucky to have a person of John's talent and enthusiasm in the club

ALFAAA

Spot On :)
We are lucky to have John.
Spettacolo / Alfa display is the best day on the Calendar . ;D
Current :2004 916 V6 3.2 Spider (baby)
             :Alfetta GTV6 1984 3.2 24v
             :2024 Tonale Veloce SUV

Past       :Alfetta GTV  1977
             :147 Selespeed 2002

Colin Edwards

Anyone like to guess at how many cars were there?
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

As the day goes

ALFAAA

ALFAAA

Second guess :)

Just Alfa's 319, Total with all the cars 370

John Hanslow

At our midday count, there were 313 Alfa Romeo's on the field - not counting about 50 or so other Italian Marques on the field.

I can actually say that it was the best ever event organised and had the best team volunteering here and there to make it happen.  It sets the standard for next year.

We are already getting a feel for next years Spettacolo with a Giulia theme and will be looking at a "Giulia Historic Walk" of all different models, and perhaps a "QV Performance Line" as the key new Giulia is the QV .  See how we go.

That reminds me to book the site again - we hope to secure the date of Sunday 19th November. That way, we do not conflict with the very popular Geelong Revival Motoring Festival held at the end of November.

Fingers crossed !

John H.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata