Just Joined saying HI!

Started by SusSelesp, October 26, 2016, 05:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SusSelesp

First off I've never owned an Alfa but I'm keen to get one - ideally a 159 Sportswagon if I can find one - they seem to be pretty scarce - I've had a look at a 2007 159 JTS Selespeed recently (low k's) and planning to go back for another look - I've been reading about Selespeed and not a lot of good posts / discussions.....

I've owned a number of different cars which I will try and list (in no particular order): Mini Leyland; Ford Anglia; Celica RA40; Chrysler x Chrysler 360V8; Valiant Charger XL; Camry Sportivo V6 5sp; MGTF160; NA MX5; NB MX5; Toyota Avensis Verso; Subaru Forester; Toyota Kluger; SAAB 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0t; Lancer VR-X Sportback; Mini Cooper S (BMW) - so I think it's time I had an Alfa!

Been doing a lot of reading and saw the Alfa Club at Healsville last month when I was out on the motorbike (BMW R1100S)...

Looking forward to getting involved with an Alfa !!

All the best!

bazzbazz

Forget the posts about the Selespeeds, they mostly refer to the 156/147 units, which can have their problems. the unit in the 159 is a TOTALLY different piece of kit and operates flawlessly and is pretty bullet proof.

As long as you pick up a car that has been maintained properly you will have a very enjoyable experience.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

SusSelesp

Thanks Baz! Sorry I forgot to mention my names Andrew  : :P

Looking forward to getting involved with the marque

SusSelesp

Well, I've done it... taken the plunge on the 159 JTS Selespeed Sportswagon for something different....should be an interesing journey after reading some lively posts but i think I'm prepared!

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

kaleuclint

Chryslers? - yes, Valiants.  Saabs? - yes, 900s.  JTS? - of course!  BMW bikes? - R100RSs still in the garage ...

So I am the older (read: 'classic') version of you Andrew!  Welcome!
2011 159ti 1750TBi