2017 AROCA Driver Safety and Circuit Training at Winton Feb 4

Started by Neil Choi, October 20, 2016, 09:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Edwards

Paperwork pretty much sorted. 
Installed the fire extinguisher in Mandy's Giulietta QV yesterday.  The seat mount front retaining bolts are perfect for locating a homemade aluminium extinguisher bracket. 
My old Shoei TZR fits the missus like a glove - actually looks better on her than me! (not difficult!)
I'll bleed the brakes tomorrow.
Looking forward the hearing the combined song of 18" Pirellis and the turbo 1750 making its full 177KW around picturesque Winton next weekend.
Long range weather forecast looks promising. 
Also looking forward to the post training "debrief" in one of Benalla's pubs Saturday night!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

We are almost ready, just some tyres and service.

Anyone else?  Come on, it is a great event, easy going, no effort other than to get up there.
Great opportunity to learn something about you and your Alfa.
Best value for money, your membership will pay itself.
Taking final entries this week, don't miss out.
What else will you do otherwise, look and stare at your Alfa!!!  Come and drive it like it was design to do.

Oh, just a word of warning, this will be the last one for a long long while.

ajt42

Quote from: Neil Choi on January 28, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
We are almost ready, just some tyres and service.

Anyone else?  Come on, it is a great event, easy going, no effort other than to get up there.
Great opportunity to learn something about you and your Alfa.
Best value for money, your membership will pay itself.
Taking final entries this week, don't miss out.
What else will you do otherwise, look and stare at your Alfa!!!  Come and drive it like it was design to do.

Oh, just a word of warning, this will be the last one for a long long while.

Ok.  Got my CAMS license if I decide to sprint, car [emoji594] is ready and I have got a bunny [emoji195] to sit in the silly seat [emoji575] for circuit training.   Bring it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Edwards

Nothing to fear in the silly seat!

Winton is wider than most freeways, all cars are going in the same direction, no pedestrians, no trees or poles close to the black stuff, no wombats, very little traffic, no side roads, no intersections and very very very few kangaroos.  Perfect place for Driver Safety and Circuit Training.  Safer than most roads!  Recently re-surfaced - so is smoother than a baby's bum.

Nothing to fear in the drivers seat as well!!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Yep, safer driving on the race track than doing the Eastern Freeway Grand Prix at 7am.  At least on the race track you know what the drivers are going to do.

Well, we have a reasonable field for both Driver Safety and Circuit Training, those who entered are getting a fabulous value for money experience, tons of track time and personalised instructions from our ever so enthusiastic team of instructors who have dedicated their time to help.  A couple of talks by some of our members who are actually professionals in car engineering and driving educations. 

Anyway, this will be the last circuit training and driver safety program.

aggie57

Quote from: Neil Choi on February 01, 2017, 10:50:19 PM

Anyway, this will be the last circuit training and driver safety program.

Sad to hear. 20+ years of club history comes to an end.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

jayarr

Many thanks to Ross and the merry bunch of driver safety trainers. The improvement in car control by all drivers over the course of the day was clear to see, even to unqualified observer. From the grins on the faces of the drivers during the day, expect that everyone of them left the track feeling well pleased.
Mito QV, Fiat 850 Sport, Alfetta GTV 2L
Past life: 33 1.5L, Fiat X1/9,75 V6 2.5L, GTV V6 3L 1998, 156 JTS 2L 2003

As the day goes

Quote from: aggie57 on February 02, 2017, 02:09:38 PM

Sad to hear. 20+ years of club history comes to an end.

New drivers will come back to the fold. 

Are there similar programs that AROCA can tap into at a subsided price?

Neil Choi

Photos of some participants and instructors.

Neil Choi

A few more pics.

ajt42

Huge thanks to all concerned for Saturday's circuit training.   Professional instructors and willing participants made a very enjoyable day.   I had a ball and I wish there were more days like these.   Mandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanm

A big thank you to AROCA and the team of organisers for the Driver Safety and Circuit Training day.
Special thanks to Steve for instructing Cooper, Steve you did a great job, and Cooper can't wait to have another go!
A couple of pics of Cooper and Steve in the pits.
Pic 1, Steve explains to Cooper the finer points of lapping the short track.
Pic 2 Steve is either really happy to be getting into the car with his student, or really happy to be getting out  ;D
Cheers,
Al
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

Colin Edwards

Certainly was a very successful day.  Everyone seemed pretty pleased with the outcome.  The experience gained will prove invaluable.  Great to see those involved in Saturdays activities putting their new found skills into practice in the sprints on Sunday - then happily driving home. 
It can be repeated.  Just need enough interested people and the determination to make it happen. 
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Excellent event, thanks to all those who entered and participated and got something out of it.

Those to thank for running the day:
Colin Edwards and Alan Morrison.
Sam Gumina and Colin Byrne who provided the technical talks to the circuit training drivers.
Instructors were: 
Ross Flood, Anthony Sharp, Colin Thomas, Andrew Carra, Chris Carra, Sam Gumina, Dean Hasnat, John Floyd, Gavin Newman, Tim Edwards, Steve Aarons, Colin Byrne, Nick Taylor and George Vellis.

Just to note, 5 AROCA life members were involved, and the depth and years of experience amongst all the people involved and the dedication to the event.

Support was provided by CAMS, Penrite Oils, Burson Auto Parts and Famous Insurance.