New user- Hi

Started by Sonny, October 02, 2016, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny

I am interested in buying the Alfa Giulietta but everyone tries to put me off by saying servicing is expensive and parts are hard to get. Love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this :)

Colin Edwards

Hi Sonny,

Welcome!

We bought the new Giulietta in 2013.  It was a the 1400cc turbo "Multiair" engine with the TCT transmission and "lusso" and "veloce" equipment.  essentially a QV but with the smaller engine.  Travelled around 25K in it without a problem.  Serviced by Zagames two or three times.  No more costly to service than my Toyota Aurion V6 at the time.  Not that we needed any parts for it, however wiper blades and oil filter (I serviced myself between "official" services) were available over the counter.  The Alfa oil filter is about half the cost of one for an Audi A3!

Bought a 2015 QV last year - again with the TCT.  Servicing cost is pretty similar to the 2013 Giulietta.  Ask a VW Golf R owner with a TCT how much it costs to service their car!!

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

alfamisa

Yep as Colin said Giulietta is not an issue to service and not more expensive than the status it is in the market...above the "cheaper marques' (that includes the devalued cheap and nasty cheat VW). Oh and one correction, Alfa use TCT (their Twin clutch system) and the inferior VW use DSG (full of issues, expensive and sad audi buyers pretend theirs is different when it's the same) and I too have owned a Giulietta for three years and serviced at the respected Zagame dealership...couldn't be happier. It's quicker, better handling and safer than anything with four cylinders before it! Buy a good one or better still a new one and enjoy.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.