releasing the quick release catch on the lower radiator hose 2002 V6 156

Started by cc, September 25, 2016, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Hi guys
Anyone know how to undo the quick release on the lower radiator hose.I dont want to try and undo the jubilee like band as it looks like it needs a factory tool.. The jubilee like clip is in the lower right of the pic. The quick release has a 3mm wide piecce of s/steel banding on it at the left hand side of the pic..

This is to enable removal of the power steering pipes!
Am also replacing the thermostat.
thanks
got it. the s/steel is a spring clip thats squeezed down, like the child proof cap on a bottle of meth. spirits.

josh18

Im pretty sure these kind of clips are all over the engine bay of my JTS. I was pretty appalled when I found them when I did the thermostat as they appear to be single use or as you say, need a special tool. I just pried them off gently with a screwdriver and threw them in the bin. I have replaced them all with normal screw type hose clamps (jubilee?) and they are fine and won't give me a problem next time. I would just treat it as an 'Alfaism' and change them out as you have to.
Cheers

bazzbazz

He's talking about a different type of clip.

The clip has 2 raised flat sections on either side. I use a pair of lockable multigrips to "cinch" both side closed & then prise/gently tap the hose & clip off.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Smaan

+1 for BazzBazz method.  The 147 has the same clip on the lower radiator outlet.  I can just squeeze them with my thumb and finger to release.
Provided the o-ring underneath is ok I quite like the design.