New member embarking on a 105 journey

Started by Elhodgo, September 24, 2016, 02:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elhodgo

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself and let you all see the project I'm about to embark on. I've just purchase a couple of rolling shells to recreate my first ever Alfa. It's going to be a long journey and I'll be relying on all of your knowledge to get me through it!

The first pic is of the shell I'll be starting with, no accident damage good and solid but areas of rust. Have a second shell that I'll be able to strip where needed.

The second pic is of my first Alfa 105 GT 1600 Junior. Why did I sell it all those years ago!?

alfamisa

Hi and welcome to the forum...you may find this show a little help towards your project...well the car starts the same colour as yours. It's just a co incidence that this was on last night, it's not the best Alfa resto program ever;

Sign in to yahoo to watch Restoration Garage;

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/restoration-garage/-/watch/32801754/restoration-garage-tue-4-oct-season-1-episode-7/

The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Elhodgo

My body guy visited the car today. He's happy. The rear end is in great nick. The front...we'll not so good but all fixable. Main thing in need is a pair of matching doors if anyone in VIC can help me out??? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk