Coming of age

Started by MD, September 09, 2016, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtvsix86

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-alfa-romeo-gtv6-2/

Prices are going up and deservingly so.... check out what's happening overseas sold last week in USA for $26500 

lombardi

Very ambitious $$$$$$  Bet it dont sell at that prezzo
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

MD

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

poohbah

Well I hope the rising prices start to flow through to 2.0 GTVs. Seems to me there are even fewer of the fourpots around. I used the "it's increasingly rare, so it's an appreciating classic" line on my missus as my excuse for keeping my daily driver 81 GTV when I bought my latest 156. Even though running two Alfas is a bit of a luxury, I told her that holding on to it is the only chance I have of ever getting back close to what it owes me!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

kaleuclint

Fellow who lived underneath my old apartment in Elwood garaged his 246 Dino beneath my bedroom.  I'd always be woken up when he got home (invariably) late, but never a problem.  You could hear the whirring of the valve train as he backed it in.

He traded it for a red-on-red Chevrolet Impala convertible.  Not sure if Daniel was a 'car guy' as such or maybe he just wanted to be noticed, or not to conform.  Anyway, I'm guessing the Dino would now be worth multiples of what it cost him.  The Chev I suspect might not have appreciated so much.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

MD

Well there is one for sale on Ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Used-Manual-Coupe-/272394086610?rmvSB=true That's in USD which would be about $590 000 AUD. There is a major lesson right there. One of the parties knew exactly what they were doing.

No-one has a crystal ball vision about where prices are going but generally what I am seeing is that finally some due recognition is being delivered for this iconic Alfa model.

Does this mean that the GTV6 was the best Alfa ever made ? The answer lies in  the same question about the Dino being the best Ferrari ever made. Heaven forbid making those claims. As much as anything I think amongst other things it is about the personalities that these cars take on that owners make a connection with.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0