Coming of age

Started by MD, September 09, 2016, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

FINALLY !!

Just like classic Ferrari cars rising in price, it's good to see a fine example of an Alfetta GTV6 being represented by an appropriate price.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4254289?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Domenic

Looks like it's had a front end bingle in it's lifetime as the grille isn't the original Grand Prix one, just a standard GTV6 grille.

jazig.k

There's been a few high $ 116's lately [3 in the last year asking over $30K that I've seen]. None, that I am aware of, have sold.

Anyone wanna buy my 3lt 75? I'll do a great deal at $30,000  :P

Nope, 75's are still not gonna be worth more just because I've asked it.

MD

Regrettably there are prices for sedans and there are prices for coupes. It's always been the case despite similar mechanical specs. Undoubtedly it's an image thing rather than a performance measure otherwise the James Bond movie would have featured him tearing around in the Alfetta four door taxi.  ;D

Personally, the 75 series are one of my favourite affordable Alfas of all time. Well built and do the business.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Neil Choi

Reckon 4 cylinders classic steel bumpers GTV and GT will be valued?  Hope so, will they be the new 105 in coming years?
And the plastic bumper 4 cylinders?
Awhile back, a few steel bumper GTV and GT popped up in carsales with good prices.
But now they rarely pop up.

MD

Yeah Neil,  I think it is the usual factors. Supply and demand. If you think about the sideways "attrition" of both 105 and 116 coupes to the race tracks coupled with natural attrition due to uneconomic repairs, accidents and the like, available stocks for sale are quietly diminishing.
I am still kicking myself that I didn't buy a second hand Dino for $69 000 when I had the chance. The price of this one in the photo is $469K USD. !!!!!
Extremely rare Alfas have hit the 2 million dollar mark and who would have thought that?
Not suggesting the GTV6 is going to get there but the market is definitely changing suggesting an evolution of respect like the maturation of a good wine. :)

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

poohbah

Ah, my plan is coming together. I told the missus the only way I would ever get my "investment" in my 81 GTV back was to hang on to it until it becomes a timeless classic... (being early Gen-X, I much prefer the Flock of Seagulls styling and shoulder pads of the '80s plastic bumper models. Go the Wedge!)

Sadly, mine is not in quite the same condition as that GTV6 though - that interior is terrific.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Fetta GTV

Hope they go up
This is my investment :)
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

poohbah

I'm with you on that Fetta. Mine is not pristine, but when the sun catches just right, what a glorious sight.

Ten more years, and I should be in the black!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

LukeC

That steering wheel is the epitome of bad taste in this car! I would remove it ASAP and bin it. Even this would be better:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/driver-busted-for-using-a-frying-pan-as-a-steering-wheel-20160904-gr8j0q.html

I always question what sort of person owns an Alfa, and when selling it does not post an engine picture (even if a true Alfa nut knows what will be there).

Being an '87, I thought it may be one of these alleged Power Steer GTVs (I have never seen one), but without an under bonnet shot, can't tell.

Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au

MD

Fetta GTV.

Mate what a pearler ! You're sitting on GOLD there.  :)

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

aggie57

That seller is serious??  $37k?  Tell him he's dreaming....
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

MD

Hahaa. That's what I said to guy about his Dino for $69K.

There is only some many fingers you can stick in the dyke wall to hold back the tide.....

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Fetta GTV

Quote from: MD on September 09, 2016, 12:39:10 PM
Fetta GTV.

Mate what a pearler ! You're sitting on GOLD there.  :)

Thanks
Here are some interior pics
I do like the interiors on the newer GTV,s but the older style is reasonably classy
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

Garibaldi

Quote from: aggie57 on September 09, 2016, 12:53:43 PM
That seller is serious??  $37k?  Tell him he's dreaming....

I agree, maybe one day it will be worth that much but in today's market I don't think so. Then again it's cheaper than a full top quality restoration, so who knows?  :o