Hi All!

Started by bronzeoz1, August 31, 2016, 10:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bronzeoz1

Hi All,

I'm new to the site. I'm not normally a big fan of redheads but I have made an exception with this particular one :) I purchased her in May this year. Prior to me buying her she has been in storage for over 20 years. I've left the last registration sticker on stating that she was last registered in 1994. Upon inspection I found that she was a completely rust-free example & totally original right down to the radio cassette. We took our time replacing all fluids, filters, spark plugs, new battery & guess what? She started effortlessly.

I then took her down to the guys at Monza Motors in Bayswater where the injectors were serviced, radiator flushed, thermostat cleaned, rear brake caliper replaced & for the obligatory timing belt replacement & the RWC was completed.

She is now on club plates. My only gripe with this arrangement is that I don't get to drive her as often as I would like to  :(

Cheers,

Andrew

Her first real outing since registration has been to the Auto Classica in Canterbury last Sunday. We hope to see everyone at future AROCA events  :)
Current ride:

1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6

Gusto

Nice ride mate. I like the red B pillar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronzeoz1

Thanks Gusto, to tell you the truth I never noticed the red A pillar. It looks different to all the black ones I see now!
Current ride:

1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6

kaleuclint

2011 159ti 1750TBi

GG105

Thanks Andrew, lovely early GTV6! even the bumpers are straight!

This looks like one of the 35 1982 build cars. Could you provide the chassis no? Interesting that it has a compliance plate, so far none of the others have one and they were all registered as 2 litres!

Cheers
John

1959 Giulietta Sprint
1969 GT 1300 Junior
1970 Giulia 1300 TI
1975 Ferrari 365 GT4
1990 Mazda MX5
2005 BMW 330Ci
2014 Porsche Turbo

bazzbazz

Hey Andrew,

Ever have that niggling feeling everyone hates you . . . whilst at the same time all wanting to be you ??  ;)

Get used to it & welcome to the asylum!

8)

Check Six

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au