Sandown Sprint Round 7 3 September 2016

Started by Neil Choi, August 14, 2016, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Round 7 of Alfa Sprints, at Sandown 3 September, father's day special, Saturday.
EF and SR attached.
Enter early to avoid disappointment as it will fill up quickly, being local.

Neil Choi

Final call for entries to this local event.
Need your entry by this weekend, otherwise it is too late.
Going to be a fantastic sprint event with a wood fired oven pizza van doing the catering.

Neil Choi

Over 20 odd Alfa's entered, ranging from Sud, 147's, 156's, 75's, GTA's and the usual plethora of 105's and 116's, also a bunch of Group S Alfa's venturing out for some test runs.
Going to be a great day:  espresso, B&E rolls, wood fired gourmet pizza's, and watch some Alfa's racing around the track, what more excitement can you ask for.
Come on down and catch up with fellow members.
Spectators free entry.

Neil Choi

Fantastic day at Sandown with the range of Alfa's entering and competing, the paddock also had a number of road going Alfa's ready for spare parts scavenging.  Many other makes were represented, especially MX5's.  A couple of Toyota 86 race series and a couple Renault Clio cup cars were present for a run and some test.  No major incidents and lots of track time and eventually running out of cars by 4pm. 

Thanks to all those who help run the show, Ross Flood, Brian Kays, David Floyd, Evan Bottcher, Steve Aarons, Colin Edwards, Mandy Thompson, Alan Morrison, Bruce Cochrane, Richard East, Joe Ardi, Ruwan Perara, Tony Raditsis and many others who helped at scrutineering. 

We missed Bruno, hope you are recovering and getting well.

The wood fired oven pizza van run by Giuseppe added much to the atmosphere of the day, lunch was much more pleasant than a soggy salad sandwich.

My personal non achievement was that I didn't do any running around on the day.  Both cars survived (just) but Damon and I matched/beat each other's time in our cars.

So see you all at the big one, the Alfa 10 hr, then onto Alfa Racing in November at Winton.