How many 159 Ti's in Oz?

Started by blueblood1995, July 28, 2016, 03:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueblood1995

Does anyone know how many 159 Ti's were released in Australia?
Specifically sedans vs. wagons? Even JTS vs. JTD?

Is there a stat somewhere? Would Fiat Chrysler have this info and if yes who would you contact?

Cheers

colcol

You would have to contact ATECO, as they imported them from 2006 until Fiat Chrysler Alfa Romeo took over the importing, best of luck with this one, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

As the day goes

While you are at it, how many 159s were imported overall?

I seem to recall there was a website that allowed you to find out how 159s were currently registered per postcode.

blueblood1995

Yes, I remember reading an article in The Age 12-18 months ago where you could search for car brand and model and view cars registered by postcode. Unfortunately you could not drill down to determine, for example, what was a base model 159 and what was a Ti.

wturnbull

Also, were more Selespeeds imported than manuals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueblood1995

Ok... Have just contacted Ateco and just over 3000 159s were imported into Australia during 2006 to 2011 (2012?).
Have emailed them and requesting a more specific breakdown as I'm particularly interested in how many Ti's in sedan and wagon, JTS vs. JTD form were sold.
Stay tuned... for those that are interested!

SusSelesp

Did anything come of the inquiry to ATECO? I'd be interested to know the number and breakdown (not literally) of 159 sport wagons?

blueblood1995

Unfortunately I could get no further than my post on Jul 29, i.e. just over 3000 159s were imported.
Contacted Ateco and Jeep Chrysler on a number of occasions to follow up but it was just too hard in the end for those customer service types.  ;)

SusSelesp

Yes I think they got embroiled in a scandal I believe - CEO was up to something dodgy - I'll see if I can get some info out of them and/or Alfa ...