Is the 1.4 TB 135 TCT Mito reliable?

Started by iamnicolas, July 07, 2016, 07:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamnicolas

Hello i am from the uk and i just want to know if there are any mito 1.5 tb 135 owners on here! I want to know of there are any known faults and if the car and the Tct gearbox are reliable ?
Thank you!

Robert. Dale

Hello Nicolas.

I have had a Mito 135 TCT for about fifteen months and about 20,000Klm and so far I have had no problems. I purchased it second hand it is just over three years old and has done nearly 40,000Klm.

I have all of the service books and there he been no issues with the car.

Prior to buying the Mito I had a Selespeed 156 and a Selespeed 147, both of these had a few niggles but once you get used to them most problems can be solved without too much trouble if you know the right people.

Overall I would say the TCT is a great improvement on the Selespeed. It changes much quicker, is better engineered and much more reliable.

According to my sources Alfa have had very few warranty problems in Australia.

My preference is to use the TCT manually with the paddles but my daughters prefer to use the Auto function.

All in all I am very happy with the Mito it drives and handles well and the engine has much more power than you would expect.

Regards, Rob.
Current Alfa
2014 Giulietta Progression TCT

Past Alfas
2013 Mito Progression TCT
1985 GTV 2.00L
2004 147 Selespeed
2000 156 Selespeed88
75TS(Road/Track)
84GTV6
81 GTV (Under 2Lt Sports Sedan Race Car) Should never have sold it
82 Alfetta 2.0 Sedan
83 GTV
74 Alfetta 1.8

iamnicolas

Quote from: Robert. Dale on July 14, 2016, 10:25:41 PM
Hello Nicolas.

I have had a Mito 135 TCT for about fifteen months and about 20,000Klm and so far I have had no problems. I purchased it second hand it is just over three years old and has done nearly 40,000Klm.

I have all of the service books and there he been no issues with the car.

Prior to buying the Mito I had a Selespeed 156 and a Selespeed 147, both of these had a few niggles but once you get used to them most problems can be solved without too much trouble if you know the right people.

Overall I would say the TCT is a great improvement on the Selespeed. It changes much quicker, is better engineered and much more reliable.

According to my sources Alfa have had very few warranty problems in Australia.

My preference is to use the TCT manually with the paddles but my daughters prefer to use the Auto function.

All in all I am very happy with the Mito it drives and handles well and the engine has much more power than you would expect.

Regards, Rob.

Thank you for your help Rob!