Electronic Ignition....Again

Started by lhodgo, July 15, 2008, 04:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhodgo

Hi there, a while ago I asked the question of upgrading my electronic ignition in my 1750GTV

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,1236.0/

I received some great advice. However my new mechanic has suggested rather than heading down the after market path, getting a Marelli distributor and coil out of say a Alfa33 or Alfetta and converting it to suit would be much more reliable, be cheaper and last longer. Has anybody had any experience with this? I'm not that tech savvy, so any help would be great.

Thanks,

Lucas.

camwright

g'day lucas, i have an alfetta gtv 2 litre and run a crane cams electronic ignition system, including module and high energy fireball coil. the car already had it fitted when i bought it but i have fitted similar kits to other vehicles and they are very easy. mine never misses a beat and the performance is great. haven't had to touch it since i bought it. you can look up www.cranecams.com.au for your nearest supplier or ring me at work and i can get a price for you. my opinion is this would be an easier option than modifying distributors to suit.
cheerio,
cameron.

AUTOMOTION.
9 bogan st
albion. 4010.
ph: 3256 1966.