Workshop Visit

Started by colcol, May 23, 2016, 09:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

The Victorian Division will be having a workshop visit to New Life Repair Services.
On Saturday, July 30th at 9-11am.
At 634-644 Mitcham road Vermont, VIC at the back of the Industrial Park, Unit 5.
We will discuss leather cleaning, leather colour restoration, leather repairs, headlining repairs, steering wheel rebonding, vinyl repairs, holes in plastic, cigarette burns, carpet and carpet heel replacements, alloy rim repairs, headlight recolouring and restoration and more.
Current, old, new members and guests welcome.
Bookings essential, limit of 30.
Come along and ask any resto questions.
Get your car ready for Spectacolo in November.
Contact Colin on 0407 090 826 or email drtool@bigpond.com.au
Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

For the workshop visit to New Life Repair Services, we will also talk about their mobile service of on the spot repairs, so that you don't have to loose your car for the day, this is for minor repairs, not full blown seat and interior reconditioning.
Bookings are starting to roll in now, i will expect more bookings, when it is advertised in the magazine.
To book, mobile 0407 090 826 or drtool@bigpond.com.au , 8 weeks to go, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

With 3 days to go for the New Life Trim repairs, Workshop visit, there are 7 spots left to we reach the full mark, this will take place next Saturday morning, between 9am-11am in Vermont, call 0407 090 826 for a place, or email drtool@bigpond.com.au   Colin.

colcol

For the NEW LIFE interior repair services Workshop visit next Saturday, with 2 days to go, we have lost 2 and gained 2, so there is still 7 vacancies left, if you wish to come along, to reserve a place, email me on drtool@bigpond.com.au     or text me on 0407 090 826, Colin.

colcol

For the NEW LIFE repair services, there is no rain forecast in the morning, but scattered showers in the evening, temperature will be a low of 8c, to 15c, so bring along your Alfa Romeo jacket and beanie, still have 7 vacancies, call or text Colin on 0407 090 826 for a booking, see you there on Saturday morning, Colin.

colcol

Latest forecast for Saturday 8c-15c, partly cloudy, no rain during day, 50% chance of showers in evening, bring along jacket and beanie, cold in workshop, still some vacancies left, call or text Colin on 0407 090 826, for Workshop visit to NEW LIFE interior repairs, Vermont, 634-644 Mitcham road, factory down the back, just look for the Alfa Romeo's in the car park, Colin.

colcol

Thank you to all the Alfa Club members who came along and supported the club on our New Life Repair Services visit, there were 21 members which filled the SPAM up to the brim with the power point presentation of befores and after.
Our host Stephen Bird, a man of 31 years experience in auto interiors, gave us some points on restoration, rather than new parts outright, which proves more expensive than a repair job, ie pulling out a dashboard for a re-skin as opposed to a local repair.
We were given a demonstration of repairs to headlights to remove their cataracs or fogging, repairs to steering wheels using fibreglass or carbon fibre, before repainting, fixing tears in trim, by melting plastic over the tear, before painting.
He claims New Life Repair Services have saved a few marriages, when one half of the union has torn a seat or smoking in the car has burnt a trim and put gutter rash on a rim, they get the command it has to be fixed and fixed now before they get home.
Also seen treatments for leather seats and vinyl, that clean and protect the material, and he doesn't like armorall!.
As well as interiors, he also recomended against acid based wheel cleaners, as they eat away at the paint work protecting the wheels, and posed the question, you wouldn't wash your car with acid tipped in the bucket, so why do the wheels in such a way.
Thank you to new Life Repair Services, for the morning, they will be at Spectacolo, to talk about any repairs you may wish to do.
If anyone has any idea's for another place to visit that would be of interest, contact me, and i will see if i can arrange it, Colin.

As the day goes

It was a good visit.  Thanks for organising.  I think I will be going to them to have the seat in my daily repaired.

On the suggestions for future visits: What about a car restorer and how they match car paints? I notice for Glasurit they can have many different shades for the same Alfa paint code.  Also why are some paints better than others?  And water based versus solvent? and why you would use one over the other on an Alfa?

colcol

Thanks for the idea Vince, next year we are trying to get a night at Extreme Body Repairs in Dandenong for next year, Colin.