New user first post - My 1983 GTV6

Started by AusMossy, May 15, 2016, 03:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AusMossy

Hi, I'm new on this forum, though I've owned my 1983 GTV6 for more than 20 years. I love it, but I wish I had better skills to do more work on it myself. Hoping to get a few tips on here about things I can do.

--------------------------
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6

bazzbazz

Looks like you've cared for her just fine over the years, well done

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

GTVeloce

Best advice I can give you is to sell it to me!

Nice, original looking car.

AusMossy

Thanks Guys. It really is in pretty good nick considering, but there's always a few little things that need doing. I've kept it largely original. I did put in a new stereo. The cassette player just wouldn't cut it anymore.

If I ever do get to the stage of selling it I'd only consider it going to a good home, someone who would love it like I have.
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6

17fitty

Hello Ausmossy just read your post and see your on the sunny coast--theres a few alfa/fetta nuts up here so if you need a hand or were doing a run we'll let you know or feel free to give me a ring--zero 421four8305five 

AusMossy

Thanks so much for that. The only club related event I've been to up here was a Car and Coffee day at Yandina Creek late last year. That was fantastic. As I mentioned, I'm not a hands on guy when it comes to working on the Alfa, but I do love my GTV6.

I've been considering selling it, but then every time I take it out I fall in love with it again. At some stage in the next couple of years it probably will have to go though. I'm hoping it finds an equally loving home.
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6

cranberry

julianB

Enjoy her... My first car is still mine... There's a reason I'm still driving an Alfetta chassis car 16 years later!!!
85 GTV6 "Juliet"
GTA conversion-
AHM ITB setup, Jim K manifolds & 10.3 cams, M84
17" Work Meister S1R
330mm Brembo front, vented rears
RS coilovers and bits
Recaro LX mesh headrest buckets

'68 step nose Junior "Romeo"
bare metal project

MD

I know you Jooles. Only reason you drive that transaxle is to use it for a chick magnet... 8)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

bazzbazz

Bit brave mentioning "Magnets" around early Alfa's & all . . . . would they actually stick?  ;)

(Yes, yes, I know, I know . . . . "Stand aside! Dead man walking . . . . Stand aside! Dead man walking!" )
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au