Alfa Racing at Winton Round 1 2016 June 19 SUNDAY

Started by Neil Choi, May 08, 2016, 02:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Round 1 of Alfa Racing, at Winton.  Sunday 19 June.
Practice/Qualifying and at least 4 races with your Alfa mates, all in one day.

SR and EF attached.

You still have time to get your license and logbook in order to go racing.

Neil Choi

Pic from August last year.

Neil Choi

Still time to get your racing Alfa into action.  Got a great field for racing.
If your Alfa is caged, just some paperwork and you are right to go race with the fellows.

Final call.

Neil Choi

Round 1 is on. 
15 racers entered.  Historic/Classic 2L's vs Busso V6's vs 2L sports sedans, go Alfa's.
Prac/Quali, 4 races in one day, what else can you ask for.
Short track, action through the esses, see it all from the spectator area and enjoy the day with your fellow Alfisti's.
Come on up to Winton, starts at 9am for sprints, race Quali at about 10am, Race 1 about 11am.

Neil Choi

Fantastic day of Alfa Racing.
Race day was run by Ross Flood, David Floyd, Joe Ardi, Manny Thompson, Colin Thompson and Malcolm Powell.  Thanks to these members, the racers had a great day.
Qualification ran well, the V6 of Mick and sports sedan of Seby were out in front with faster times as expected.  The next group of high performance classic 2L's, of Nick, John, Neil and Peter, were as expected in the 10's and eleven's.  Rounding up the field were the less modified classics, Bruno, Robert, Ray and Michael.
Racing underway, the V6's start was poor holding up those 2L's behind.  Sports sedan took off like a rocket and the HP 2L were going around T1, almost 3 wide.
Racing for the top two were close.  As was for the HP 2L with only less than a second separating the 4 at some stages.  Nick had the advantage with his spider and had 3 class wins.
Only damage was a bent rear tow hook when Seby gave Mick a bit of a love tap.
The best racing in a day, with 4 close races, all day, and lots of laughs and banter.

It was also wonderful to see Bruno back out after a long time lay off, a sideways 105 is always an interesting sight.

If you have a racing Alfa, get into gear and come do some friendly racing.

Video to come.

Evan Bottcher

Sounds like special congratulations to Neil for bringing home a car mechanically and bodywork undamaged.

Very sad to have missed it - looking forward to the next one!  So many years I figured it was too arduous/expensive for our club to run a race series, through the magic of Neil Choi's team and Winton/AASA here we are.  Well done.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

unlucky for me I broke my car it was running really well as well