Inlet pipe O-ring 2.4D

Started by As the day goes, May 02, 2016, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the day goes

So I took off the inlet pipe to the throttle body so as to inspect and possibly spray the innards with EGR cleaner.

The O-ring on the inlet pipe stretched as I took it off.  Where would I get a replacement?  How do you measure one up if you have to buy a generic one?

ta

colcol

Bearing Service, or a good bearing /seal place, Measure the internal diameter, the external diameter and the thickness of the old o ring, if it is about 50mm or so, you can get a plastic vernier from Bunnings or Jaycar to measure.
You may not get the exact size, so get the closest one, and get the correct material that won't melt or be ruined by the application, there are different o ring materials.
If i remember rightly, you live in Eltham???, there used to be a lot of bearing joints in Heidleburg, but they shifted to Campbellfield and Thomastown areas, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Domenic

Or you can buy the correct genuine O-ring from the Club Sponsors in Brunswick East  ;)

kaleuclint

Can't find any on the website, but EFI Hardware do O-rings:

http://www.efihardware.com/
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Mick A

We have some at Monza Motors in Bayswater, VIC.

9720 4442

Cheers.

Mick.