2016 Giulietta (Facelift)

Started by alfamisa, February 26, 2016, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfamisa

The new look, or at least facelift, of Alfa Romeo's Giulietta has been released overseas and main changes are as follows; front grille and "scudetto" to match Giulia, red and black highlights on lower valance front and rear and dropping "QV" nameplate for "Veloce" with the 1750 TBi (still with 4C 240hp engine). It also has new 18" wheel design. Across the range the Giulietta nameplate is shifted to the right and font is the same as on Giulia as are the new Alfa Romeo badges.

Unchanged is the excellent drive and great reliability.

Enjoy...goditi la vita ;)
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Potsie

First impression is that the red makes it look a bit Golf GTi' eee
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

alfamisa

A bit maybe, I rather thought the new wheels finish in motion were a bit that way...

But if you think someone might mistake the two, get one in red with black rims. Solved ;)

:)
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

alfamisa

Other changes on the inside include carbon effect on door panels, change from red to white on instrument lighting at night ( a feature some ignorant journos said was old hat but failed to realize it is the best color to not disturb night vision) to counter some press comments. Also the Uconnect includes additional engine instruments for the Alfa enthusiast that wants to be in touch with how their Alfa 's heart is running.

The one being driven here is the most popular Giulietta model in Italy since 2010, the 1.6JTDM (remember fuel is another 50-75% more in Italy).

Enjoy...goditi la vita ;)

Badbull_OZ

Hi all, I wonder if the old giuliettas that came with the Uconnect system have firmware update to match 2016 as I have seen screen shots that have apps like tunein radio, etc. Personally wish our version had DBA+ as I know USA and Europe do but not here...and a reverse camera wouldn't go astray. Anyone tried updating firmware on uconnect site? When put my VIN number on the site it tells me it's not found???

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk