QV TCT Giulietta/Cruise Control and the mystery of the extra beeps...

Started by AGW007, December 30, 2015, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AGW007

G'day all. We've had 'Alfie' for nearly two weeks now and have noticed a couple of things. I've had a look in the manual and managed to find some info on the cruise control, but it wasn't able to help on the beeping...
Cruise Control: on all previous cars (since the 90's) and my last 8 years of motorcycles, there's always been a cancel button on the cruise control. This means you can simply hit 'reset' and it will accelerate (or decelerate) to the previously set speed. From the owners manual, it looks like the only way I can do this in the Alfa is to touch the brakes (not having a clutch pedal). Does that sound right?
Extra beeps: we get sets of double 'beeps' for no apparent reason as we're driving along. We think it might be when the navigation system is seeing an upcoming fixed camera or speed change - but it's not consistent and we have no clue what the car is trying to tell us. There are no other  We have set up a couple of things so that the navigation system tells us if we're 5 km/h over the speed limit (with a nice voice, instead of a nasty buzzer). But we don't think we've set-up anything else. Would anyone have any clues on this?

I have done a search, based on warnings or beeps, but didn't come up with anything similar. The car still has to have it's first service, in about 3 weeks (at a guess), so I'll be asking the questions then also. But just checking if anyone else has seen these little foibles.

ACP

If it is the same as the 4c... On the cruise, tap the end of the stick, it should be set/cancel...

On the beeps.. Are you running in manual mode and using the paddle shifts, if so it is particularly sensitive to what revs and beeps if it is not ok with the change... Also I do have a speed warning set and it beeps if that is exceeded... But the 4c doesn't have sat Nav, hence I can't comment on the speed zone or camera warnings...

Cheers,
Ap
Alfa 1967 Gulia GT Veloce 1600

Potsie

as far as I can tell the Giulietta has no 'cancel' button for the cruise control (same as on the 159) .. I just tap the brake pedal lightly to cancel
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)