Any good independent Alfa mechanics out there ?

Started by Potsie, February 01, 2016, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potsie

Guys,

I've recently moved from Melbourne back to Sydney (after ten years away) .. wife got the giulietta, I got the 159 etc. etc.
I'm going to miss Hugh and Mick at Monza Motors (Alfpa Repairs) who were my regular mechanics in Melbourne ..

Any recommendations for good independent Alfa mechanics in Sydney (Southern suburbs would be good .. I'm at Cronulla).
(I cant see a sticky for that in the NSW forum -- Evans post is a number of years old .. doesn't seem to be many mechanics jumping out at me in the club supporters listing .. but I may be missing something)

thanks, Potsie. 
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

Neil Choi

Rob at Manning Motors

16 West St Brookvale
02 9939 2069

Rob is on here somewhere, nicest bloke.

As the day goes

Sad.

Did ya get the rear bumper on the 159 fixed?

Potsie

Not yet Vince .. I'm still hoping someone will run up the back of me and pay for it ;) .. you seem to have more luck with people running up the back of you than me.

Thanks for the recommendation Neil .. Brookvale is about an hour and half away from me (and Manly is the natural enemy of Cronulla .. if you follow the rugby league that is) .. but I'll keep him in mind.
Pots.
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

colcol

Sorry to see you go Potsie, i haven't seen you around for a while, i was hoping we hadn't upset you and said anything bad about 159's, will miss your keen joy of the Marque, look us up at a meet next time you venture down to Melbourne, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Campbeli

Franks Pitstop summer hill - Franks been servicing my 156 for over 10 years. A bit closer but not southern shire
Present:
1970 GT Junior
2004 147 T Spark

Past:
1979 Alfetta GT
1978 Alfasud ti
1999 156 T spark

Future:
New Giulia.......

spirito

Go see Jason Mak at http://platinumautomotive.com.au/
Jason worked for years at Max Oddi's and indeed was the reason they had such a loyal Alfa following. He's now an owner of this business and whilst they do all makes Jason really does know his Alfa's, has sound advice and has worked on them all.

Not too far from the Shire ;)

Rigi

For where u live you won't go past Franks Pitstop ..... look forward to meeting you at the next run
Current
2010 GT 3.2 100 year Anniversary
1977 Alfetta GTV - Grp s
1974 GTV105 Resto (wip)
1977 Alfetta GTV Normal Roadie on Historics

Past
1980 Alfetta sedan('prettyboy')
1986 Alfetta GTV6GP
1985 Alfetta GTV6
1984 Alfetta GTV
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1978 Alfetta Sed