new Sprint purchase

Started by blazingsud, February 01, 2016, 01:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domenic

Thanks for the plug Col,

I'd like to mention that we are working with a supplier in Italy for new front Shock Absorbers for both the SUD's and the 33's as they're becoming harder and harder to source. We're looking at some options, complete struts and/or inserts and possible some sports options. For the time being it is just in discussion, but hopefully we will have an answer in the next few weeks.

aussiehcviva

NIgel,

I hope things are well. Just wondering how your Sprint is going. Fixed and awesome?

blazingsud

Hi, no sprint is static art at the moment in various garages.

Still finishing the 928 off, but might swap them over during winter as I'm not actively driving 928 in the wet. Just had to rebuild the auto as it munched the friction plate surfaces$$$$$ or as I call it, 928$4

Re Sud;
Just got new exhaust made up from Exhaust World in North Melb. Lovely & quiet now.

Also now has breaks in it so I can remove engine to tidy up the engine bay & heater area, fix the struts, steering, rebuild all the  braking system, new bushes, wiring clean up etc etc
Replace front seats at least as they are sooooo uncomfortable, tyres, stereo & a few other bits I guess.  I've already collected a lot of parts in preparation.

Had to move it from one car park to another, so first drive in probably 10 months.
New battery, plugs & leads, started straight away.
I did discover that I think the distributor is installed 180 degrees about , as the plug order on the cap is 180 out to the manual.
Brakes felt seized up too, but I'm totally rebuilding as a matter of safety.

Life goes slowly sometimes, but car fixing is for me like sludge!
Always amazed at the fast fixers...
Ciao nigel
Nigel Hyphen Donut
2010 159 2.4JTDm SW
74 sud  Blue Procida
76 sud L Silver
76 sud.L Coral Red,
78 Sprint 1.5 Red Twin carb
82 Alfasud Ti 1.5
83 Alfasud Ti 1.5
Porsche 928S4,Ducati 907ie x 2,Lambretta
Haflinger
past
79 Alfasud,Alfetta 2.0
76 Autodelta Alfetta GTAM
64 Guilia Sprint Gt "Patchwork"

blazingsud

Some Speedlines purchased to replace those Momos. Moved car from one parking bay to another!
Nigel Hyphen Donut
2010 159 2.4JTDm SW
74 sud  Blue Procida
76 sud L Silver
76 sud.L Coral Red,
78 Sprint 1.5 Red Twin carb
82 Alfasud Ti 1.5
83 Alfasud Ti 1.5
Porsche 928S4,Ducati 907ie x 2,Lambretta
Haflinger
past
79 Alfasud,Alfetta 2.0