Broadford Sprint Round 2 2016 Feb 28 Sunday

Started by Neil Choi, January 31, 2016, 10:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Broadford Sprint Round 2 2016 Feb 28 Sunday

Entry forms and supp regs attached.

Limited places due to low track density, so enter early to avoid disappointment, expecting it to fill out.

Neil Choi

Scrutineering form and disclaimer attached.

You should check your car against the scrutineering sheet.  Print off the disclaimer, sign and submit at check in.

Neil Choi

Neil Choi

Shaping up to be a fantastic event with a full field and excellent number of Alfa's.  Weather is looking really nice and pleasant.  So should be an exciting day of racing Alfa's.  Very scenic from the top of the track, seeing them through the esses.

Come on up for a look see, the kiosk is actually pretty good for their schnitzel burgers and hamburgers, the coffee is pretty good too.

See you at the track.

Flattop

@Neil and all who made the sprint day happen, a big Thankyou.
A special mention to Mick, taking the time, (and having the
courage :)),  to sit in my old humpy for the the prac session and explain the track.
Due to reasons other than car problems, the old boy ran well, I managed 2 sessions and pleased to find ~5 seconds  in the second session.
Great day... Thanks.
Bruce Rook.

Flattop

Are there photos available?
Edit: just spotted your photos thread Neil, will keep watching, hopefully non alfa marques may bi in there [emoji41]

Mick A

No worries Bruce!

I should be thanking you, it was the highlight of my day riding around in the FJ! Loved it!

Neil Choi

Hi there all,
What a great day of sprinting at Broadford, not much disruptions, smoothing running on most parts, lots of runs, great weather, not too hot, cool, probably a bit too sunny.  Everyone had a great time.  We run the day until 5 pm with cars still wanting to go out.  Sometimes we run out of cars but not this time, some getting in over 30 laps.
Just to thank all the check in and scrutineering folks, Bob Anderson, Stuart Thomson, Bruno Colautti, Tony Clare and Nick Taylor for running the event, all the folks from Broadford Marshals, WAP Motorsport and Paramedicals.  For such a small crew, we did pretty well in keeping a smooth running event going.
I have some 250 pictures which I will put up somewhere soon, probably flickr or club website.
Until next time, see you on the track sometime.
No AROCA events until the Saturday before Mother's day in May (May 7), so I get a bit of rest and do some racing and driving of my own.
Regards
Neil Choi