few pics of my new old car

Started by branko.gt, June 28, 2008, 01:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branko.gt

few people asked for them. this is the best i have at the moment.

branko.gt

and one more

Scott Farquharson

Hey Branko, how about a little history, info etc - it's looks just sensational!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Evan Bottcher

Sweeeeeeet.  I can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Sheldon McIntosh

Congratulations!

I see it's in keeping with your current racecar in that it has the stripe only on the one side!

And does mean you've got a new favourite?

vin sharp

Hey Branko,
Don't look now, I think your pop rivets are showing.....(Italians trying to save a dollar again???)
Bella machinna! 
I know you wanted an improved power to weight ratio, but this sure has to be the ultimate way of achieving it!
Is the lower nose bare metal? It is a recent addition, as is the Sebring mirror.
The wheels in the pics look like the 7" face, or maybe 6" with extra off-set?

Gary Pearce

Congratulations Branko, I am envious. I have a magazine article on your car from a few years back. I will have it with me at our next 2010 meeting if you would like a copy.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Brad M

I can see why you bought it. It already had a bunch of cool stickers on it :)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

branko.gt

The "stickers" are actually sign-writer job, interesting but adds flavour to the car and its previous life and owners!
The wheels in the picture are 7" but the car is coming to me with 6" wheels (also original, not replica).
The bare metal at the front is last owner's addition to the the car. Honestly I do not mind it and do not intend to change anything about it. Not sure about sebring mirror, thought that was a standard issue ?
The car was made in 1968, sold in Germany in 1970, resold in 1974 to a bloke that put a tow bar and a trailer to go around Europe with it. Later the same owner moved to Africa and then  from there to Australia. In Australia car changed few owners movng between Melbourne and Perth. It is now coming from Perth to me.
It just occurred to me that i am have paid money to look after the car ::) There is little i wish to do to it and certanly little that can be done to improve its value. The car is in very good original condition. All original panels and original paint. Couple of small accidents in the past, rear left and front right. Not bad enough to warrant any panel replacement.
With the car as it is, I will not be the mug to bend any of the original panels. Apparently I tend to do that on race tracks  :( , so it is just sedate driving around town on Sunday with no traffic around !

alfagtv58

As Borat would say.   Very nice!

Congratulations Branko.  A considerable investment and one that I bet will feature during the 2010 celebrations.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Colin Byrne

Good work Branko
And if your looking for somewhere to store it that is undercover and climate controlled the offer to park it in my lounge room is still on the table,
(may have to run it past Laura first)
But seriously, good work can't wait to see it in the flesh
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Pete Y

Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

Fast Eddie

And it has left my fair (Wild West) shores on Monday i believe...

Oh yeah, wheres the thanks to me for picking you up at the airport, driving you to it's previous owners home, then spending about 2 hours on my own whilst you and the previous owner thrashed it around the block?  ;D
Mind you a great garage to hang around in for 2 hours - housing a Bathurst Mini cooper, another 105 GTA, a mint, concours winning 105 plus a Colin Chapman lotus :o

Seriously, well done BT.  I will take my ride that you now owe me when i am next in Melbourne.  Can u drive it to the Maranello Xmas party as i am hoping to be in Melbourne in time for that as we will be coming home for Christmas?

The previous owner had a cry n my shoulder last night :'(

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

branko.gt

Quote from: Edward Hellsten on July 02, 2008, 10:03:18 PM

Oh yeah, wheres the thanks to me for picking you up at the airport, driving you to it's previous owners home, then spending about 2 hours on my own whilst you and the previous owner thrashed it around the block?  ;D
I will take my ride that you now owe me when i am next in Melbourne.

thank you, you were instrumental in the transaction, and yes it's a deal !

BTW it is expected here on Tuesday but I will be interstate again so won't be able to take it to the Bell's that evening :(

branko.gt

it arrived !  ;D
waiting for me at the depo