Giulietta QV Aircon Issues

Started by Blackadder, January 07, 2016, 10:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackadder

Hi folks

I have been having intermittent issues with the aircon on my 2011 Giulietta QV for the last couple of years and despite being looked at by several mechanics they come back to me saying all's good each time.

The problem When it shows is on hot days or wet days. On hot days the aircon doesn't kick in, just blowing warm air no matter which setting. Occasionally it will blow a burst of cold air for a few minutes then back to warm. On wet days it will start to blow warm and the screen mists up really bad. Nothing seems to work to clear this other than opening the windows which is the last thing you want to do when it's wet!

Just wondered if anyone had experienced the same and if so whether they found a resolution.

when this occurs is your thermo fan operating? if not check your resistor on the fan shroud.
on your dash you will have an out side temperature? is it reading correctly. if not check your driver side mirror sensor could be sending in correct message to your HVAC as there is a sensor in the mirror.

hashyb

I had similar issues to Blackadder, after a quick change of the cabin filter i discovered that the filter had accumulated a shit tonne of leaves and dust which were absorbing the heat before it could get through the vents in the car. 

After I changed the cabin filter my aircon was crispy cold once again !

I hope this helps :)

bazzbazz

If either of the above don't solve your problems try the following:-

A/ Disconnect the negative Battery terminal over night
B/ Re-connect in the morning
C/ Turn key to MAR (ignition) Do not start
D/ The A/C should come on with the fan on low, if not turn fan on to low.
E/ Leave key at MAR for 90 seconds, turn key to off, wait 60 seconds, take key out

This will reset the A/C system and it will run through a self calibration, you will hear the vents opening and closing and moving.

Just a thought.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Andiroid

Thanks BazBaz, I have been having same issue! Will try it out!
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

bazzbazz

If you have no luck PM me or give me a call, as I now do A/C Servicing & Re-gassing in the Brisbane/Gold Coast areas.

Also just check that the A/C compressor clutch is kicking in when you turn on the A/C. You should hear a loud CLACK as it engages and you will see the both parts of the A/C compressor pulley turning.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au