This is what Formula 98 could be, wouldn't it look great:

https://youtu.be/gQBLNkHpcuE

poohbah

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Neil Choi

Ahh, no one cares what in the rear view!!!  Only kidding, good vision.

Andrew and Laurie, how about it, lets go.

I am running my Formula 98 at the Island on Saturday, double entered, driving there and back, see what a beating it will get and survive.

gtv19

Howdy Neil, best wishes for your run at P.I. Andrew has been at it at Mallala recently but some family health issues have kept me away from the Club and sprinting this year. my car had issues but hopefully now all resolved, when we get to Mallala is a good question. We hope to attend as spectators the P.I historics next year. In the meantime keep up the good work and I wish you well. Cheers, Laurie
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

Evan Bottcher

Neil's Formula 98 did NOT survive the weekend unscathed...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Yeah, Evan, thanks for the announcement.
Worn 3rd synchro, I had figure it will go at some point, so in all fairness it was a wear and tear item of an ageing car of unknown history.  I had felt the 3rd synchro for awhile. 
So gearbox change next, wish I had done it when the engine was out.
But it was doing some reasonable times for what it is.
At least it is getting out there and around.

Neil Choi

But saying that, the other 147 TS ran fine.

alfagtv152

Hi Neil, Round 2 was 19th June,car ran great with no issues. Very pleased with the Bridgestone RE 003's as they feel really grippy,not to happy with EBC yellows-Killed em/Burnt them so I will try some Hawk Blacks.
The little red 99 156 came out and had a ball,couldn't wipe the smile off his face!.No problems all day.
I got a best of 1:34 round 1 and 1:32 round 2,might have to find some more improvements within the rules!. That's 2 selespeeds going great!.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

alfagtv152

Round 3 run and done, had a ball- both of us with no issues. I was very pleased with my Hawk pads,got me another second a lap off my time to 1:31 and Chris went down another 2 seconds with some more experience. Chris is going to buy RE 003's before the next round.
Cheers
Andrew

Thevak

Quote from: Neil Choi on July 03, 2016, 11:23:54 AM
But saying that, the other 147 TS ran fine.

Oh, i think that was me. I had a great day, best time and top speed with a huge tail wind down the straight and late braking. I had a ball. Again thank you Neil and your team for another great event.
1970 GT Junior 1300
2002 147
1988 33 1.7EI

Neil Choi

Ran our 156 at Sandown yesterday, nothing went wrong which is good change.  5 sessions and both Damon and I got same times, not our best though.
Motor and gearbox still working, tyres a bit worn.  Need to change lower and upper control arms at some point in the next weeks for some giggles with a hammer and something to do.
New discs and pads too.  An oil change and it is ready for Alfa 10 hr.
Received panel repairs which tripled the cost of car and half value.

alfagtv152

Round 4 at Mallala run and done. All went well with no issues,much happier with the hawk black HP Plus pads still and Chris took another 2 Seconds off his lap time with the RE003's and some coaching on how to do turn 2 properly.
Cheers
Andrew

alfagtv152

Round 5 run and done,no issues for the 2 156's. Had a great day and couldn't believe my exhaust colouration after,I took a picture at home after. Anybody else seen a grey exhaust on 98 ULP?.
Cheers
Andrew

Neil Choi

Good one Andrew, looks like a good reliable unit, probably helps since you service and look after it.Mine is almost same, ran absolutely fine for ~4 hrs during the 10 hr at Winton.  The only negatives were:  the tyres wore out and used about 3/4 of new front pads.  Also seemed to have acquired a family of mice in the suspension since 10 hr, because now there is a squeak each time the suspension moves during braking and/or cornering.  Must set a cat onto those mice.