75 acr

Started by ARQ164 Shane, December 19, 2015, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARQ164 Shane

Hi guys
would anyone know were the wire  connects to the ARC on the dash
I can't find the plug on the rack or the pump ?

cheers
have a good Christmas   
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

shiny_car

Hey mate

Can you clarify which wire - or is it the complete plug - you're trying to find?

The ARC display has 3 plugs, including one for the clock.

The main 'computer' unit has 7 green plugs, behind the dash above the glovebox.

All these wires and plugs travel from all over the car. I'd have to search the wiring diagrams to see what colours relate to the power steering; right now, I can't recall what wires are associated with the PS. Is it for the fluid level?

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

ARQ164 Shane

hey mate ,

The ARC light that's flushing is the steering wheel  I first thought it mite be the steering
I have finely got my 75 back on the road after 4 years
I have a few things to sort like a light on the dash  the ARC is flushing and the temp light
from your photos I think they mite be linked.

thanks mate
P.s is are car on the rd ?
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

shiny_car

I hadn't noticed that warning light before, so I had to check the workshop manual to see what it means:

"cluster warning lamps efficiency warning lamp"

'Efficiency warning lamp' means one of the light bulbs is blown (they use the same terminology for the brake lights and rear fog lights). Hence, it must mean one of the globes for the warning lights in the 'cluster' is not working properly. So try and check all the globes/lamps for all the warning lights, to see if any are blown.

It has nothing to do with the steering.  :o

My car's not on the road yet. Still far from it unfortunately. It's been over 12 months since I've touched it, because we moved house, and still finishing off bits and pieces around the house. Until then, I won't have time to work on the car! But hopefully early next year I will restart.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Colin Edwards

This is an old topic and the fix for the ARC lightshow is well documented, however I have sourced and tested an updated replacement for the 5 Volt regulator. 

Miniature "switchmode" power supplies have been around for some time now.  These devices are essentially a tiny equivalent of the power supply in your average desktop PC.  Whereas the PC power supply is good for around 400w, these miniature devices are only good for 15w.  However the power requirement for the ARC is only 2w - 3w so they are definitely up to the job.

I used a TRACO POWER TSR 1-2450.  This is a 5 volt device with a maximum output of 1.0 amp - 5w!  These switching regulators are very efficient so do not need a heat sink.   No rivetting!  No screws!  No heat sink paste! They are directly pin compatible with the original voltage regulator or a LMxx or 78xx series linear regulator.   They will operate down to -40c.  The original ARC voltage regulators did not like the cold.  These new devices love the cold!  They are also quite happy up to 85c!  They will operate with a supply as low as 7 volts so the ARC works fine when starting in cold weather.
About half the size of a sugar cube installation is a breeze!   
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5