Squealing Brembos on a 159

Started by blueblood1995, December 17, 2015, 02:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afelice001

If you have a caliper winding tool, it takes about 20 mins a side... and half that time is jacking the car and taking the wheels off.
They also had one set of these left at my local Repco - talk about a cheap and quick pad change!

https://www.repco.com.au/en/parts-service/braking/brake-pads/trw-brake-pad-set-gdb1650/p/A9513409

torquemeister

I ditched the underwhelming discs and pads on Bella. I bought my first Brera in Singapore from new and whilst it would pull up frankly it felt a bit soft. So fitted Tarox black pads all round and Tarox perforated dics front n rear. A great investment - Man do they bite as they heat up - Bella will stop on a dime. So when I moved here (Tassie) and bought a S/H One owner low mileage Brera in Sydney I sent it to the Alfa God there - spent around $12000 on it (all new suspension including Brera S components, new radiator, all new hoses, new Prodrive S rims n Michelin tyres - (going back to Pirellis asap), new TI steering wheel, TI pedals, brake upgrade, full tune, all fluids replaced inc brake fluid and reservoir to correct uprated Alfa spec) - a much better car now. All it needs is around 350HP  (SC kit and full flow exo should do it). Race cams anyone? MACE engineering has them.
Current Fleet:
2010 Brera V6 AWD Auto - Singapore
2008 Brera V6 AWD Auto - Tasmania
Previously:
1978 Alfetta GTV 2.0L - Adelaide

Stu159

Hi,

I wanted to add to this thread as I've just replaced my pads & disks on my 159 and came to here beforehand for some information. I decided to go for Brembo and I shopped around locally but nobody could supply me with rear disks or pads. Then I got a quote for OEM "rear pads only" from a local service centre for $500 - that's not fitted, just the pads! This motivated me to shop on line and I ended up on the Squadra Sportiva site (www.squadra-sportiva.com) that had everything I needed in stock and at a decent price. Yes there was shipping on top, but even with that, the end price was fair by local standards. They arrived in x 6 days from Germany and that included a day delay owing to bad weather! Their site is really informative and the service was efficient & prompt.

I upgraded to slotted disks on the front, normal on the rear and can report absolutely no squealing and all is good

Cheers
Stu
Now: 159 V6 Q4 (2006)
Past: Alfetta GTV 2000L (1980) chrome

As the day goes

Maltalfisti

Quote from: Craig_m67 on March 13, 2020, 07:27:41 PM
Replacing the front brakes (pads/rotors) is not much harder than taking off the front wheel, honestly.

Is that $1,200 all inclusive (OEM parts)?

Well, once you take off the wheel, you're halfway there! ;D

Yes, that $1200 sounds about right to me.
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...