QV Giulietta no more manual ?

Started by lombardi, November 09, 2015, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lombardi

Today test drove a 2015 Giulietta QV manual , dealer said this was last manual as it is being discontinued, now on only auto available plus Giulia delayed another 15 months , is he fibbing or what , why the hell would they stop the 6 speed manual on the sporty Qv , nice drive !
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

alfamisa

Quote from: lombardi on November 09, 2015, 04:38:46 PM
Today test drove a 2015 Giulietta QV manual , dealer said this was last manual as it is being discontinued, now on only auto available plus Giulia delayed another 15 months , is he fibbing or what , why the hell would they stop the 6 speed manual on the sporty Qv , nice drive !

The RHD Giulias were planned to start production 3/4 of 2016 (that's Oct-Dec). If you consider we are after UK, maybe ahead or on par with Japan in order of priority 15mths from now to arrive considering shipping sounds about right.

One reason for dropping manual is because that driveline didn't include the all alloy engine exactly like 4C 177kw (thus the lower output as the prior models 173kw despite cosmetic update) and to gain the maximum benefit of acceleration i.e. launch control for 6sec 0-100 it must be TCT. To simplify production at Cassino (where the Giulia will also be built) one driveline for the Giulietta QV is sensible apart from the fact it is old version 1750 that needs to be phased out. Sorry I don't know any more than that ;)

PS Drive a TCT QV very nice drive too. Quicker too.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

lombardi

Today spoke to another dealer and his opinion is that they are keeping the manual . Go figure ..
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
166 silver 1999

Rossi124ac

I just bought a manual QV build date July 2015. Only had it a week. The dealer said it was one of the last manuals built?!

lombardi

Congrats, yes i bought a qv built 2015 manual as well, had it for about 2 x weeks n love it to death ,  this time the dealer told me that they are waiting for some more manuals to arrive but at the moment not many new ones in oz , we are lucky to have found these rare beauties, the shifting into gears is so amazing quick and effortlessly , the performance is amazing ............
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
166 silver 1999

AGW007

Having had a manual Opel and now a TCT Giulietta, I can confidently say that the TCT is quicker in all facets - even though the Opel was more powerful. Gear change is much faster and economy better unless you're really pushing it. I would certainly have kept the Opel if there was a dual-clutch, sequential transmission, as the handling is slightly better than the QV and the seats are much better than anything else I've ever sat in.
But, there isn't.
And, as the TCT can be driven as fully manual, using either the paddles or the shifter, I can see no real benefit to having a left foot included in the bargain. If it's good enough for Lewis Hamilton, then it's good enough for me.