New Alfa Owner

Started by RLeT, December 06, 2015, 11:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLeT

Hi everyone,
I'm the proud new owner of a 1977 Alfetta 1.8 sedan, and keen to give it a long & loving life.  Since I was 10 years old (in the 1970's...) I always loved the Alfetta 1.8 sedan after riding in one owned by a family friend in 1978.  Now I have one as an awesome project car.  Thanks to Rowan for helping me find the car.... you get lucky sometimes!  I live in Mandurah, W.A.
The body work is quite good (not much rust, luckily, but the paint is very faded), and mechanically it's not too bad (although I'll need to overhaul the gearbox at some stage, otherwise 2nd & 3rd gear will get destroyed).
I'm looking forward to joining the Alfa Owners Club, and learning a lot from fellow Alfisti, especially where the good Alfa workshops are in W.A.
Can't wait to get into it...
Cheers,
Richard.
Richard.

poohbah

Welcome RLeT from a fellow Sandgroper and GTV lover ('81 2.0L).

Bewdiful car, great to see another local one out and about. I just had the gearbox on mine rebuilt, it is barely recognisable now that it has positive gear selection ...
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

GTVeloce

I'm envious! That looks like a great little Alfetta. Not sure about the colour but love the early twin round headlights. One day I would like to get one just like yours and do a nice resto job. Keep it fairly original. As far as local assistance, you have a few good options.
Cilibertis - good place to start
Autodelta - good but very expensive
Barbagellos - dealer prices...
Auto Italia - haven't tried them but I think a very good alfa mechanic who has been a long time now works there.

poohbah

There is also a place in Balcatta that is meant to be very good for all Alfa work - Prototipi Racing.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

cc

what a beautiful car. Could we have some interior shots and under the bonnet too!
Fantastic rims.Did it come with a history? price?

RLeT

Sorry for the delay in responding:  The car was bought in 1977, and when the owner got too old to drive it, he passed it onto his grandson.  I then bought it.  It has ~21,000 km on the odo.  I'm guessing it's only been clocked once.  I'll post some more pics.
Cheers,
Richard.
Richard.

RLeT

Another photo.
Richard.

RLeT

Engine Bay 1
Richard.

RLeT

Engine Bay 2
Richard.

RLeT

Wish I'd compressed them more... Engine Bay 3.  One way to increase my post count.... sorry to drag it out.  Thanks for the interest everyone!

Cheers,
Richard.
Richard.

Delfino

Just picked on of these up myself. I am also from W.A i am located in Perth. How is your alfetta coming along. Any tips on things to look out for when restoring the car?