Oran Park FoSC

Started by alfagtv58, June 25, 2008, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

FoSC just held their Winter Meeting at yet another "last chance to race at Oran Park" (rumors are one more year).

John Pucak sent me some photos.  Another great turnout of the Alfa brigade.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

More....
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Couple more...
2009 159 JTS Ti

John Toomath

Nice set of photos.  It's interesting seeing how a pretty extreme negative camber setup on #116 in the straight line 7th photo translates to a near vertical aspect in the turn in photo 3.
2001 GTV 3.0 24V V6 (daily smile generator)
1987 75 2.5 V6 (trackday smile generator)

Scott Farquharson

Look at all those Alfa's racing - I gotta say that is the dream for us in Vic - I'd love to see a full field of Vic Group S Alfa's out racing.....we're getting there slowly but surely...but gee it does look good doesn't it....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Paul Newby

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on June 25, 2008, 02:19:26 PM
Look at all those Alfa's racing - I gotta say that is the dream for us in Vic - I'd love to see a full field of Vic Group S Alfa's out racing.....we're getting there slowly but surely...but gee it does look good doesn't it....

Scott, what do you expect if you keep sending your Alfettas north...  ;D

We say your old car running in regularity and there is a Queensland tarmac Alfetta here that has now been logged for Group S.

Have to say that there was a bit of Alfa carnage over the weekend. At least six Alfas went home with some panel damage (including moi  ::)) Some minor and a couple major...
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

Scott Farquharson

Yes I know!  I will build another you know.  I was just counting today - we have 6 cars complete and and another few on the go which I guess isn't bad in 18 months or so.

How did Colin go in the car?  I do miss it....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Paul Newby

Colin was circulating well. I think he is still getting used to the car. He didn't put a scratch on it, which is more than I can say for the rest of us....
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

len105

Good on you Phil - good of you to post those superb racing Alfa shots - only thing missing was another Alfetta to dice with - oh, yes, I mean a very fast red one - OP GP track favours big time the Alfetta chassis over the earlier model 105 series ( in my opinion ), and you have performed well there before ( haven't you ?).

Scott & Phil & the other 4 completed Group S or N Alfa enthusiasts or the like - you have to come to Wakefield Park on September 21st & 22nd for the East Coast Alfa Challenge ( or whatever its called ) - don't forget to mark that on your calendar !!!

The FOSC meeting the weekend before last introduced about 2 -4 new racing or regularity Alfa competitors and was really good from that point of view !! Most people had a ball.......

Len
1973 Alfa GTV 105 2000 - silver - tarmac rally/group s car - unfortunately no more

2002 Alfa 156 2.5L - black - also gone to good home

1968 Giulia Sprint Veloce - sad to say this has found a new owner now...

1974 Alfa 2000 105 Cream - road registered & loving it !

John A Pucak

Yes I agree with len,all you guys south of the border with alfa's that comply should try to make the East Coast Alfa Challenge. The racing will be close and not to forget the social at Trappers on Sat night. Len, It will be interesting to see how the Alfetta chassis will be compared to the early 105 at Wakefield. If any one has any more pics from FoSC OP Winter meeting could you please post them for all of us to share, and perhaps entice the Victorians
Cheers Hollywood

alfagtv58

Thanks boys, I really do want to be there for the East Coast Challenge (if there are no Vic's there would it just be State of Origin??).

Just to be clear, what are the regs for cars to comply?  Last year at QLD Raceway you could run in cars that were not log booked.....correct??  Will it be the same for Wakefield?

We might try to get Robin in the 90 and Allan in the QV 75 to come up (make sure the bar is stocked).
2009 159 JTS Ti

Enforcer

G'day boys, looks like I may need to hand over 'The Enforcer' tag the way some of you boys are going!!

Phil, the ECC at Wakefield will be on a AASA permit so the cars will need to be 'safe' but not logged. Drivers can buy a licence too. The cars need to comply to the VRA regs which is basically that they need to look like a legal Group S or N car or have a performance potential similar to one. Rules are on the VRA site but I'll try to attach them here ... spread the word, all welcome, more the merrier.
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

John A Pucak

Bill, Do the unlogged cars need to have a roll cage, or can they run in supersprint spec 
Cheers John

Evan Bottcher

I'm not too familiar with Oran Park.  Is that concrete wall really really close to the outside of this corner?? :

there's a few black marks on the concrete...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

Yes, and yes.....the concrete wall is built right on the edge of the track - have a look at video as they come out of that corner onto the main straight!
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)