My 1985 Alfa 33 1.5

Started by jorritkooistra, November 15, 2015, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorritkooistra

Dear fellow Alfa enthousiasts,

Today I bought the 5th Alfa in my Alfa career. A 1985 Alfa 33 1.5. All original. With books and service coupons. Car has been in storage for the last 17 years. So clearly i have some maintenance today. First thing that broke today is im assuming the master brake cilinder. Put my foot down and went straight trough the floor. Im a mechanic by trade, so all mechanicamechanical componants shall be rebuilt or replaced where neccesary. My plan is to get the car back into perfect mechanical condition. And after thats all done, its time to carve up a mountain. Back in Holland(where i come from) i still have many spare parts, including carbies and some race spec. cams. So the engine should do a little more then standard.

As you can see, the body is very solid. Only one small spot on the roof. But maybe i'll find some rust hidden in this 1985 treasure.

Sent from my Agora 4G using Tapatalk

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

lombardi

Congratulazioni , piu veloce in rosso ,fatta a Napoli..
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

jorritkooistra

My italian isnt that briliant. But i understand congratulations, a red one. Is that correct? The last bit i dont get

colcol

Before you do anything, change the timing belts, should be done after 60,000 klms and 3-4 years, not 17 years, check the bottom of the hatch glass at the edges for ever present rust, but it is 30 years old, one year younger than mine, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

jorritkooistra

Quote from: colcol on November 16, 2015, 09:23:59 PM
Before you do anything, change the timing belts, should be done after 60,000 klms and 3-4 years, not 17 years, check the bottom of the hatch glass at the edges for ever present rust, but it is 30 years old, one year younger than mine, Colin.
Yeah i know. Im a mechanic by trade. Might pull the engine out and do everything at once. Gaskets, fluids, seals, belts. Because i can bet on it that the front and rear main or going to leak iff i dont do them...

jorritkooistra

So far, so average... Found a lot of shit im the cooling system. I need all hoses in the engine bay. Everything has gone hard. But i was expecting that. A few pics, for your entertainment.

Need to rebuild pretty much everything, and i need a manifold as well. Its completely rusted trough

jorritkooistra

And this haha. Bought a plate already.

nice I like its great to see another 33 saved

phri

Hi Jorrit,

That's a copy of my first Alfa back in 1988 in Holland.

jorritkooistra

Quote from: phri on November 28, 2015, 10:15:56 PM
Hi Jorrit,

That's a copy of my first Alfa back in 1988 in Holland.
Another dutchman?

phri

Hi Jorrit,

Yes another dutchy, I settled here 15 years ago. Alfanut too, I am driving a 159 diesel daily and have a gtv3.0 24v to work on and some fun trips.

Hartelijke Groeten

jorritkooistra

Quote from: phri on December 03, 2015, 07:40:02 AM
Hi Jorrit,

Yes another dutchy, I settled here 15 years ago. Alfanut too, I am driving a 159 diesel daily and have a gtv3.0 24v to work on and some fun trips.

Hartelijke Groeten
Ah oke cool. There's a few dutchie's around ive noticed. More then i expected to be honoust. I love australia tho. Its briliant. Way better then cold and rainy holland

jorritkooistra

King springs front and rear

Ready for some red koni's

Still waiting for a lot of parts, they should arrive soon. Also brakes will be upgraded to 284mm discs and matching calipers.

jorritkooistra

Gearbox is nice and clean again. Was covered in oil and mud. Its also time for a gear-selector seal. Because that was leaking just sitting on the bench. Resealed the sump and other parts as well. Quite a bit of muck in there, just cleaned it all out and see in what state she is after I drive it.

Bigger calipers are in as well. Just waiting for discs now. They fill the 15" rim completely. So im expecting some decent stopping power.