Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

V AR 164

That's really cool, thanks for sharing, although I reckon my dog runs around the backyard faster than those cars  ;D

Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Evan Bottcher

I love the whitewashed tyres on the inside of corners! The basic track layout is recognisable. The track would have only been two years old in '63.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Italian Supermodel

Thanks Evan for posting a slice of Oz racing history.
There's a chance for me to meet Norm Beechey( now days around the 80 mark) and I'll show him the footage.
At 2.45 minutes  I got car sick bobbing along with the on board 'car cam'!!
Great to see the pioneering days of technology that's a big part of our lounge room viewing today.Surely the driver wasn't filming it with the left hand and steering with the right?
Anyway motoring Gold Evan!

aggie57

Thanks Evan. That's great footage. Love that the track is sealed and what about the officials. Lots if safety there!!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

colcol

Good work Evan, would be interesting to see what class of car they were and what modifications were allowed....not much negative camber on the olden holdens.
Norm Beechey was a guest speaker at the Alfa Club at Bells about 20 years ago, was an absolute gentlemen, which was not the image i always had of him, with his battles with Bob Jane.
Notice the bloke working on an engine, while smoking! with the long ash it reminded me of Phill Irving, i wonder how the punters in the olden days at Winton dealt with the food there, as they didn't have the health standards we have today, but they were a lot tougher, thats enough out of me, have a look at some of the other video's that roll on from that clip, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]