Barn Find

Started by zippytheclown, September 19, 2015, 10:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippytheclown

I guess this classifies as a barn find, although it was in a shed, not a barn.  1981 1.5 Alfasud Sprint Veloce, last registered in 1993, the year I arrived in Australia (must be a sign!).  Condition is excellent, dusty, couple of light scratches on the paint from a cat, one small ding on passenger front guard, another I noticed on rear drivers wheel arch.  Couldn't get much of a look passenger side, but told there is a very small rust hole passenger sill.  Interior seems complete and tidyish, trim piece missing from grill and front airdam will need replacing.  He tells me the motor runs, but the battery was flat, I don't care, for the condition and the price I got it for, if the motor is running it's a bonus.  Needs pads front and some hoses.

Having trouble uploading pics

Conflicted on what I should do with it.  I'm thinking I might just get it roadworthied and registered if it's not too much needed, give it a cut and polish then just enjoy it.  Of course the GTA will have to go if anybody is interested...............
'03 Holden Commy XYII Work Ute (Monday to Friday Car)
'04 147 GTA Sele (Saturday Car)
'07 Alfa GT V6 (Sunday Car)
'82 Alfasud 1.5 Sprint Veloce (Money Pit)

zippytheclown

another pic

zippytheclown

another 2 pics, sorry, but won't let me add them any other way

jorritkooistra

Well im looking for a GTA....

I also have engine parts for boxer engines iff you may need any ;-)
Set of racing cams perhaps, or set of webers? A stroked 1.3 boxer to 1.8

zippytheclown

aussiehcviva

just wondering what ended up happening with this nice looking Sprint

amichie

I bought this car a few months back and I am currently rebuilding the mechanicals. It is getting a 1.7 8V twin carb engine and a complete overhaul. It is in my garage in Sydney.

I didn't know about this thread until yesterday. Interesting.

aussiehcviva

Congrats on the purchase. Looks like it's in nice original condition. I if it is in good nick body-wise and you're looking to sell at some point I'd be interested. Currently on the look out for nice original steel bumper sprint for preservation.
Thanks very much. I'd be interested in seeing how your project turns out.

amichie

Excluding restored cars the body work is the best I've seen in an original car.

aussiehcviva

It's good to see that there are still some of these out there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one (just put a 'wanted' post in the for sale section). Sprints have had a hold over me since dad brought one home when I was little. Just such a lovely car. a little disappointed that none of the magazines or anyone did nothing to mark their 40th anniversary this year (not that i saw anyway).

Alfa.mg

Theres a ti qv for sale at the moment on ebay
1983 alfasud TI 1.5 silver
1990 Alfa 33 cloverleaf 1.7 white
2001 Alfa 156 2.0 red
2003 Alfa 147 2.0 red
2001 Alfa 156 2.5 Monza silver (now)
1983 Alfa Sud TI 1.5 red (now)
1974 berlina 2000 white (1 too many)