Alloy wheel mod for 105s

Started by McAnnik, September 08, 2015, 09:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

During my search for suitable alloy  wheels for my 105 GT, it has been mentioned that other wheels (say, from a Alfetta) can be drilled from a 98 to a 108 and steel inserts fitted to the new stud holes so everything fits nicely. Thats a good idea but not the sort of job to be done on the home drillpress. Therefore, has anyone had this operation carried out and if so, who, (having the expertise and equipment ) can undertake this work in Melbourne (or Vic). I only ask simply because so many wheels which become available are mismatched in one way or the other and its very difficult to obtain a complete set of wheels without having to buy from different sources, mostly being interstate and after delivery finding that modifications are required.Pics and descriptions by the owner pre- purchase are not always accurate. Any suggestions welcome. Cheers          Ian

Colin Byrne

I had the centre bore of my 16" race lite wheels machined to match the rear axle spigot here

http://ajaxwheels.com.au/

pretty reasonable price too
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

McAnnik

Thanks Colin, Seems like Ajax knows what it's all about. Good website too    Cheers......Ian