Giulietta QV TCT Series 1 iTPMS

Started by michael_c, September 07, 2015, 08:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael_c

Hi,

Newbie here, I recently (1 week ago) purchased a new 2015 Giulietta QV TCT Series 1 and after going for a long drive (around 2hrs) the iTMPS message of check tyre pressure came up. I pulled over and checked the pressures and the front tyres were 39 PSI and rear tyres  36 PSI (this was checked immediately hence why the pressures are higher than normal). Could this error have come up because the tyre pressures have increased due to driving? I drove home and let the car cool down for 2 hours and checked pressures again and front were 36 and rear were 33 so I started the car and the error still appeared. Has anyone else experienced this?
After the pressures returned to normal after cooling down I reset the iTPMS using the dashboard button and the message has disappeared.

The car manual does mention something about a learning period for the system so maybe is this an issue that will resolve itself as I drive the car more?

Thanks
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
2015 Mercedes Benz AMG A45
2015 Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV
2014 Nissan 370z
2014 Renault Clio RS
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
2007 Mitsubishi Lancer VR

alfamisa

Hi Michael_c, and congrats on your purchase, great choice. Regarding your question, it appears you have underinflated your tyres.

Med load 37.7psi (F) and 31.9psi (R)
Full load 43.5psi (F) and 37.7psi (R)

Remember these are cold tyre pressures, i.e. not driven.

In your case if the pressure was 39 "hot" and 36 "cold" then it was under when cold (should be 37psi) which the system recognises even if it was above that when "hot". I would measure "cold" at least 4 hours after driving.

Here's a clip that gives a brief explanation of the same system on the 4C. There is a driving period for it to reset again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0gsarfLg7U
ciao
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

michael_c

Hi, thankyou very much for your help. I will inflate fronts to 37 and go for a long drive tomorrow and see if the message comes up. Funnily enough the dealer rang me today to see how the car is going and I did mention this to him and he said if it happens again to call him and take the car into the Alfa dealer's service department.
The youtube video was very helpful too as I didn't know that the car will still need to be driven for around 20mins after inflating to clear the error from the dash - I just pressed the reset button on the dash which by the sounds of it was not the right thing to do.
I'll let you know how things go and if the error comes up again.
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
2015 Mercedes Benz AMG A45
2015 Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV
2014 Nissan 370z
2014 Renault Clio RS
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
2007 Mitsubishi Lancer VR