1983 Alfasud Ti QV

Started by SudSub, July 12, 2015, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SudSub

I recently acquired a 12/83 Alfasud Ti in silver (grey?). It is extremely rough so no photos at this point! Some of the panels are rusty but the body itself is in surprisingly good condition for a 'Sud. Obviously the red Ti QV I owned in the early 1990s and never quite got out of my system.

I have noticed it is sitting really low, which is not something I am that keen on. The older I get the more I appreciate standard height! I have noticed standard height King springs listed on eBay and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

I am still chasing a few bits and pieces, I don't suppose someone has a front spoiler they can sell?

Cheers
Lee

amichie

Hi lee

Where are you located? I  recently bought a similar car that had custom made king springs fitted that were even lower than king spring lows. In my view King Springs standard height are higher than stock springs and king spring lows are about the same height as standard.

SudSub

Thanks for the reply amichie. I am in Albury-Wodonga.

Interesting that you say the lowered Kings are at the stock ride height! Whatever springs I have, they are very low.

Perhaps I might get lucky and find some OEM Ti QV springs!

amichie

This pic is with King Spring lows fitted all round.

SudSub

Thanks for the photo. Mine sits much lower, basically no space between the tyre and the guard lip. I will have to take a picture.

SudSub

A pic of the not so pretty one: